Pit Boss Avalon game thread

No condition very close I think. 110 turns left. I'd need about 8 % more pop and land. Have more pop, land, GNP, power, food, etc though.

Since namliaM isn't playing anymore, I'll say now goodbye to this game, too. Lplayer, you can stop hosting the game.

Thank you for everyone who where involved in this game. It took over a year! And special thanks goes of course to Lplayer for hosting this game so long:goodjob: Even after I conquered his English civilization.

Very entertaining game although it would have been nice to have more civs still alive in the later stages. The decisive moments dated to the 17th century when Finland conquered Delhi - the Holy city of Buddhism. Buddhism was spread to most parts of our continent and I think England (Lplayer) gathered a conspiracy against Finland when Delhi was conquered. All the neighbours attacked Finland, but I was well prepared and timed the conquest of Delhi precisely.

I conquered Delhi just when Taj Mahal started a golden age (followed immediately by a 2nd Golden Age with Great Persons) and I also got Cavalry on hand at the same moment. Also I made immediately a Culture Bomb in Delhi that pushed back the borders and slowed down the enimies. Then I just waited for England, China (Portuga) and Mongolia (HitAnyKey) to throw their troops to my hands destroying their large stacks one by one. Those were difficult and challenging times that needed great care to handle properly. If those 3 had somehow co-ordinated their attacks Finland could have quite well lost.

Thank you.:)

Congratulations Finland.

You are right , England worked hard in 17th century to get China, Mongolia and India to attack you. They did not see the urgency that I saw and battle for Delhi was the key to your success (or failure). By the time they were ready to attack you- it was too late, you were entrenched and had those Cav units.

I felt bad about my own deceipt upon India - which led to the fall of Delhi, but England was pinned in a corner with no way to expand and had to take on India, China or Finland. I was so tempted to attack Chiina, which although looked strong, was actually found to be weak military. In hindsight it would have been better for me to take on China instead of India. But our escalating 'cold war' on the English Finland worder kept my troops locked into patrolling that border, and the Chinese boder was a lot further away that Delhi.....

The Americans were invited to take up arms against Finland early in the game this did not appear to last long as I suspect he had his own problems on his own continent.

As host I will decalare DanDridge Finland as winner with a huge lead of 5002 points against namliaM with 3819

Well done, and thanks to all those that took part.

Game ended 1945 - started June 2006, ended July 2007.

Les

In hindsight it would have been better for me to take on China instead of India. But our escalating 'cold war' on the English Finland worder kept my troops locked into patrolling that border

That's right. You should have attacked China, since I had promised not to attack England and I really would have kept my promise.

The Americans were invited to take up arms against Finland early in the game this did not appear to last long as I suspect he had his own problems on his own continent.

LOL, yeah that was funny. America (namliaM) tried to attack me by sea at some point with quite sizable army. It could have been succesful, but he had made me very suspicious by scouting my coast. I had time to protect my key coastal cities, but of course it slowed down my advance on the other fronts.

And I got some SERIOUS bad roles on that attack too... With attacks at 25+ % failing to do any damage at all.... not even a hitpoint lost :(

The city would have razed easy if my first few attacks would have scratched the defenders even a little bit... The big "bad" I made offcourse was not to bring enough Frigates to bombard the defenses even more ... eventho I am far from sure that Dan would win this ... for a lot of my cities are much more developed.... I am happy I did rather good dispite war uppon war beeing -semi- forced on me from roughly 1000 bc onward.

The Persians were lucky enough to start an Immortal/HA rush on me just 2 turns after I finished my first and the same turn I finished my second War Elephant, which despite their numbers drew us to a hold... This war stopped me dead in my tracks from expanding south from my location and cost a lot of effort (due to early number superiority) in both units and research funds for me to overcome.

I learned a lot, had good fun and met some nice folks....

*Dibs on a spot in LPlayer's BtS game* (If you will have me)

I will complete my maintenance this weekend and will set up BTS Pitboss , and invite all regular players from this game to join- at least those with a good track record of playing theiir turns- which were most.

Les

Top Bottom