Plains river start.. Hill river 1 hex over. Move?

BrutalusMaximus

Warlord
Subject says it all. I have a start that is a plains river. The resources around will not change if I move to the hills river the next hex over.

Will losing one turn to move save me production over my next 30 turns or lose it?

And yes I have also read alot of threads about this and they all degenerate into silly stuff about resources, tech, and happy long down the road.

So settle a plains or sacrifice turn one and move to the hill. No other factors, at all.

Do not care about turn 100. Just focus on the first few things that first city spits out.

I am looking for the fastest (fill in your first three things here)

Depends, standard speed? I'd probably do it. Unless I lose rivertiles or something like that.

Depends what tile your first citizen is going to be using. If your citizen is going to be using a tile that has no hammers, then not only will you save production by going on the hill, but your *First* unit/building should come on the same turn or earlier. What you'll lose is a turn on your early techs, but production wise you'll end up in much better shape in fewer than 30 turns.

Top Bottom