Planes of Existance?

TheGreenLink

Chieftain
I remember playing a game called Civ Test of Time, and I was wondering whether it would be possible to add different planes of existance, Such as hell, heaven, whatever. If so I personally think that would be awesome. The idea would be that you have to travel between them and you end up in a totally different map.
Is this possible?

I remember playing a game called Civ Test of Time, and I was wondering whether it would be possible to add different planes of existance, Such as hell, heaven, whatever. If so I personally think that would be awesome. The idea would be that you have to travel between them and you end up in a totally different map.
Is this possible?

I've tried a few times to setup a seperate map (as have people much smarter than I am) and no one has been able to pull it off yet. If it could be done I know quite a few mods that would love to use it.

This is exactly that what has been planned for the Fire phase but they didn't introduce it because it was impossible to manage, I think.

EDIT: Well, Kael was faster...

This would be soooo coool! I hope with the unlocking of more code in BtS that this might now be possible. It would be great for FfH and I would love to play a 'regular world' game where the space race is actually played out in space.

I kinda like the way it turned out. A separate hell map would be cool, but what would it add to the gameplay really? More terrain? I think it's kinda cool that hell creeps up on you, and create the current world into Hell instead. Now if only Hyborem could spawn more often, and not only when I get Veil. ;)

I kinda like the way it turned out. A separate hell map would be cool, but what would it add to the gameplay really? More terrain? I think it's kinda cool that hell creeps up on you, and create the current world into Hell instead. Now if only Hyborem could spawn more often, and not only when I get Veil. ;)

Would it be possible to allow Hyborem to spawn when the counter hits a preset value (like 30 for example). It would give him a second route into the world and make his appearance more likely. I often find that the most evil civs just don't do the necessary research, never mind convert to the veil.

I agree to that.

But some civs. Like the sheaim, should never ever stick to another religion than Veil, if they got veil in even a single city, when played by the AI. And they should be forced to build Temples of the Veil and spread the religion in their empire.

if multiple maps would be able to be implemented, that woudl make me very happy. especiallyy if you could have more than 2 maps. then i would probobly make a donal lugh (sp) scenario where he tries to escape hell and the different maps would be the different levels of hell

if multiple maps would be able to be implemented, that woudl make me very happy. especiallyy if you could have more than 2 maps. then i would probobly make a donal lugh (sp) scenario where he tries to escape hell and the different maps would be the different levels of hell

Nothing to keep you from doing that as either:

1. Seperate scenarios meant to be played in order.

or

2. Different areas on the same map seperated by an non-passable barrier.

2. Different areas on the same map seperated by an non-passable barrier.
Then game events would allow for the passing of that barrier?
Like the appearance of an Obsidian Gate or the awarding of a unit promotion?

Then game events would allow for the passing of that barrier?
Like the appearance of an Obsidian Gate or the awarding of a unit promotion?

Or the unit entering a cave tile "teleports" the unit to the cave insides on the map.

Or Charon, the boatman of Hell, transporting the Hero across the Acheron river.

With the MAF reportedly fixed in BtS, map size won't be a problem.
A massive adventure could be created.

Or Charon, the boatman of Hell, transporting the Hero across the Acheron river.

With the MAF reportedly fixed in BtS, map size won't be a problem.
A massive adventure could be created.

MAF is only one of the problems with running an extremly large map (at least for those of us without super computers).

I agree to that.

But some civs. Like the sheaim, should never ever stick to another religion than Veil, if they got veil in even a single city, when played by the AI. And they should be forced to build Temples of the Veil and spread the religion in their empire.

Hear hear.

In the last game I was playing I was the Elhoim/Elohim/whatever, I was all set up and ready to go to summon Basium just to see how the Mercurians have progressed in the last few months. I founded the order and waited paitently..

Just to have the Order spread to all the Sheaim cities. Ugh.

IMO the Veil should be precluded from the Elohim (and maybe Bannor) and the Order from the Sheaim and Clan of Embers. Just my take, and I know the dev team doesn't like to force playstyles on people, but the whole lore and background on those civs just doesn't fit those religions at all, by any stretch of the imagination.

But I would also like to see Hyborem spawn by the AC, although at a higher level than 30, to be sure.

But I would also like to see Hyborem spawn by the AC, although at a higher level than 30, to be sure.

It is not a bad idea, but when do you bring him in? and does the sect of flies, imp, etc. come in with him when you hit the AC number or does just Hyborem himself come into the world. I would almost think he comes in somewhere in between Blight at AC40 and the first of the 4 horseman at AC60. Kinda nice gap there to be filled with something.

I agree. Is 50 ok. It might be important to write a special code that makes his first city the AV holy city is the AC somehow got that high without it being founded (Currently, if a religion is spread to a city before it is properly founded, then it can never be properly founded. Its holy city would never exist if Hyborem appeared too early.)

I would like a similar mechanism for CotD's holy city being wherever Abashi/Eurabates is built, but cause the cult to actually be founded in Acheron's city, and spread from there.

Just to have the Order spread to all the Sheaim cities. Ugh.

IMO the Veil should be precluded from the Elohim (and maybe Bannor) and the Order from the Sheaim and Clan of Embers. Just my take, and I know the dev team doesn't like to force playstyles on people, but the whole lore and background on those civs just doesn't fit those religions at all, by any stretch of the imagination.

I actually also spread the Order to the Sheaim once. It was rather amusing IMO, I had them as bosom buddies and fast allies (I was the Kuriotates), but I wouldn't want it to happen too often. But I'm not sure if it is possible to block religion spread. More interesting would be a way of weighting the Sheaim so the minute AV hit one of their cities (or they discovered it), Savants would start being produced and it would spread like wildfire. So your Order-converted Sheaim could suddenly flip and hate you.

My other point in posting was the CoE is almost wronger with the AV (emphasising knowledge and cowardice) over the Order (emphasising strength and obedience).

But I'm not sure if it is possible to block religion spread.
It is, Agnostic trait have special code in the SDK to make religion spread slower to them.

wilboman said:
My other point in posting was the CoE is almost wronger with the AV (emphasising knowledge and cowardice) over the Order (emphasising strength and obedience).

Yeah in a way, the Order fits Jonas as a glove.

Top Bottom