Planet Friendly: How to get food

tesb

Emperor
Hi was recently playing this great mod again and it struck me, that the best way to get food is conquering bases from terraforing civs that have upgraded farms.

I know quite well that getting a lot of food with the gaians for example would be borderline overpowered because food builds native creatures, but it sucks when you only food source are basic farms that cannot upgrade (or very slowly) due to the planet counter. With gaians you can get an incredible amount of happiness/health from forest and hybdrid forest yet you cannot use it since the highest standard (no resources/unique features) tile yields 3 food. Even when i manage to get big cities with a lot of farms they are severely weaker than terraforming civ cities since most citizens are used on food.

Is there any good strategy to get food for a planet friendly civ that i might have missed?

Well, you can push one city a bit by using great doctors, but otherwise hybrids are supposed to have many small cities.

i thought so. it is just weird that you can incredible high health and happiness with gaians using forests, even without happiness buildings.

Top Bottom