1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Planet Simulator

Discussion in 'CivBE - Maps & Map Scripts' started by Bobert13, Oct 25, 2014.

1. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Hey Bobert, any plans to further update this? Would love it if you would :)

2. ray111

ray111 Chieftain

I was wondering if you could somehow put some more Algae, Coral and Petroleum in the oceans? (Or is resource placement outside map scripts? I don't know anything about it..)

I'm using the "By Land and Sea - Ocean Colonies" mod and any ocean city is pretty much starved till very late in the game, because I can't find a single place with more than 1-2 sea resources in the workable city radius.

3. Azem.Ocram

Azem.Ocram Chieftain

Ocram here, requesting permission to use your map script as the basis for my own.

Differences: far fewer mountains, no crater mountains (marvel craters will be abundant), fewer hills, smaller and fewer deserts, smaller ice caps, less tundra (than other maps of the same warmth), smaller continents, more rivers, more lakes, more algae, more coast, less ocean (no trenches), new terrain types, new terrain features (forests), more metals, new strategic resources, less abundant Zenomass, on a new biome.

I might not use much of your code at all but I will see how everything works and fits together. My map script will be similar to Atlantean but I don't know where to start.

4. Bobert13

Bobert13 Chieftain

I have no plans for updates as I don't even play BE anymore (I went back to CiV) and I'm a little preoccupied to be messing with coding map scripts.

Resource generation is handled by the game's default placement procedures in this script (though it can be overridden).

And yes, any and all permissions are implicitly granted and I may even bother to check my PMs on occasion if you have any questions.