Planning GOTM 200

Ali Ardavan

Mathematician
Retired Moderator
GOTM 200 will be posted in March 2018. I would like to do something special to celebrate nearly 17 years of playing GOTMs.

Above all, I would like everyone's input and hopefully a larger participation than our current GOTMs.

Please consider participating and tell us here about your commitment. The more people join, the more others will be encouraged to do so as well. Also, share your desires as to what game it should be. It could be a scenario, a normal game on a special map, or a normal game on a game-generated map. Any idea is welcome. We can design a short game, a long one, extend the deadline beyond the usual 2 months, ...

I don't like scenarios much except for those that are essentially normal games. I always enjoy games on the large world map.

I think a special map is in order.

Game 200 should be epic.

But I don't think we would have a lot of players if we required having 200 cities for victory...

I also do not like scenarios, so I would vote no on that. A large world map would be nice, if it is the very large map we have played, I would suggest some adjustments so that America and Eurasiafrica have different continent numbers.
Or maybe something that allows a really early landing? Right now I am playing #196, wich has a very good SSC-site with 3 trade specials, the rest of the continent just slows down a little. I have no experience in map design, so if somebody who does could create it, maybe make it known...

I would also be interested to know who is still active playing. The last few months have seen little contribution to games threads, so please tell us if you are still active of not and if not, then why not. ;)

Hi guys. I'm an active player and I think I will have a go at some GOTMs, possibly starting with #196 as I should have plenty of time to finish it before the deadline. I have been playing this game on and off for years and I don't plan on giving it up any time soon!

I enjoy early landing style games, and have recently been playing a few one city challenges.

A normal game on a special map would get my vote.

Hello All ! I don't have much time these days to play, so don't count on me, but I will try to at least lurk about in the spoiler.

Peaster, glad to hear you are still lurking around. Hopefully you will find time by then to play.

Most likely won`t be able to play. It falls smack-dab in the middle of tax season... will be consumed by work! Best of luck to all competitors.

Hi All,
I have just checked back on CFC after many years away from Cvi2, and am pleased to see that it's still being played. I took part in some of the succession games back in the day, and will try to dig out my Civ 2 disk and see if I can install it on my Win 10 PC. If so, I will try play GOTM200 but I confess I have forgotten much.

Hello All! Was a GOTM interesting in 2015 posted by Inkerman,with Sioux,French with Montreal,English with New York,with barbarian wrath,democracy,GOTM169 'Red Cloud'.Maybe some things from that GOTM are good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom