Planning of our second city

I like CG's A cause of the choke point. B needs more debate. let's see what gets revealed.

@ CT, IIRC, the AI galley's can't go thru us if we don't give open borders? yes, that's a question.

Mr. G said:
Please, madam, I don't believe anyone suggested to move it?

CG did. He wanted it 1 tile east.

@AK - There still is the south side of the bay...

yup A is cool. presuming that it is where the X is and not where the A is.

I would also like to hold off debate on where the 3rd city should be. It would be nice to have provisional city locations but no order yet. The reasons are as follows:
- we don't have our entire area scouted yet
- some resources aren't visible yet
- It might be nice to see if we could find a nice choke for the other pennisula (prolly shouldn't be until at least the 4th city)

Chieftess said:
CG did. He wanted it 1 tile east.
No. I did not wanted to move it to the east. I only placed it to the side because both the X that I used to make the center and the A would have a color conflict.
I only placed the X there so that I can know where the center of it is.

The X is the same as A.

run with the x. then let's talk about number 3

@ CT, but if we get the choke and our borders expand...

I have a question about creative. It was my understanding that the +2 culture bonus does not begin until the city is naturally generating culture? But a city with no natural culture does not get a free 2 as if it had a cultural building. Correct me if I am wrong (Which I hope I am because then our current A location seems prime, but if not, then I fear the slip through of other nations while we wait to get a culture building.

Nomad Bryce, the creative trait allows the growth of culture from the moment the city is settled.

Well then. Lets go for position A! No modifications.

Ok, so to recap, we need to submit settling at A as an initiative poll. I'd like to see that decision and any others which need initiatives made in advance so we can run the next 2-3 sessions with just a couple of days between them.

Could we all please consider a site 1S, 1SE of A? While this site, which I propose as name A1, has 4 fewer base food (after site A's lighthouse), it does have 2 hills and several more tiles with direct access to fresh water, as well as the +2 health bonus for the life of the city. While we do need a city with ocean access, I feel we can establish this on our western coast later on - but we can ensure the productivity of our new city by placing it 1 square south, then 1 southeast, of the currently proposed site. Let's not relegate our second city to simple occupation of a choke point.

Chillaxation said:
Could we all please consider a site 1S, 1SE of A?

Good comments, and it might not be too late. The citizen's initiative process was designed to make it easy for us to change our minds if we have to. I'd suggest making this same comment (the whole thing, not just the little bit I quoted) in the poll thread, since people may not be looking here. Also try to get the Minister of Interior, Censor, and losing candidates from the Governor's race on your side (they're prospective governors of this city).

For a process, you need a 24 hour or more discussion, followed by another initiative poll. This would be needed no matter what the outcome of the current poll is -- if it wins then a poll is needed to overturn it, and if it loses (if you convince 12 more people to vote against it) then there would be no decision and a poll is needed.

Can you create a map of our penninsula down to the choke (probably have to stitch together a couple of screenies) and show a dotmap of the interactions between the suggested new site for A, any adjustments to B from the map above, and other cities. The people will want to know why moving to A1 doesn't create holes with unworkable plots.

DaveShack said:
For a process, you need a 24 hour or more discussion, followed by another initiative poll. This would be needed no matter what the outcome of the current poll is -- if it wins then a poll is needed to overturn it, and if it loses (if you convince 12 more people to vote against it) then there would be no decision and a poll is needed.

Can you create a map of our penninsula down to the choke (probably have to stitch together a couple of screenies) and show a dotmap of the interactions between the suggested new site for A, any adjustments to B from the map above, and other cities. The people will want to know why moving to A1 doesn't create holes with unworkable plots.

The maps are here. Thanks for your advice, DS.

Top Bottom