Play expansion civilization with base game ruleset?

Palavos

Chieftain
Hello all. I do have the expansions, but I do want to play with the base game ruleset and buildings/techs/resources etc. In Civ 6 you can chose the ruleset you want to play, is this possible in Civ 5, even with a mod?

Yes, but not as simply as in Civ VI. On the main Civ V menu, select the DLC button. From the screen that pops up, you can enable or disable any of the official Firaxis content, including either or both of the expansions and any or all of the other DLCs.

Yes, but not as simply as in Civ VI. On the main Civ V menu, select the DLC button. From the screen that pops up, you can enable or disable any of the official Firaxis content, including either or both of the expansions and any or all of the other DLCs.

Thanks. Maybe I didnt word it correctly. I know how to enable or disable a DLC... what I want is to play a civilization from a DLC, for example play as Celts but without the God and Kings expansion additions to the game. You can do that in Civ VI.

I don't know what game you are playing, but it's definitely neither Civ5 nor Civ6. You cannot do that in both games, as civilizations that come with expansions tend to have mechanics associated with those expansions. The Celts, for example, have 2/3 of their unique abilities tied to G&K mechanics.

Top Bottom