Playable Pope?

civplayah

phantasm
I have been wanting to play as the Papal States for some time now, so I went into the XML files. But, the Pope's bplayable setting was set to "1". So, how can I play as him?

I have been wanting to play as the Papal States for some time now, so I went into the XML files. But, the Pope's bplayable setting was set to "1". So, how can I play as him?

Edit the RFCEurope.CivBeyondSwordWBSave file, expect many bugs/problems.

hmm why would you want to? The UHVs are just bs right?

That is right, the Pope has no UHV conditions coded. You can go around trying to OB and spreading Missionaries and Prosecutors. You can also build and army and gift units, but you cannot declare war or capture cities. There may be a bunch of unforeseen bugs as well.

So... I'm playing as him, but I would like it to be more normal, as if he were a regular civ. I would like to declare war, build settlers, etc. How would I do that?

Also, I would like to define his historical goals. How would I do that?

So... I'm playing as him, but I would like it to be more normal, as if he were a regular civ. I would like to declare war, build settlers, etc. How would I do that?

Also, I would like to define his historical goals. How would I do that?

To allow the Pope to play like a regular civ, go to RFCEBalance.py (in Assets\Python) and find the line where it says:
Code:
gc.setPapalPlayer( iPope, xml.iCatholicism )
and make it:
Code:
#gc.setPapalPlayer( iPope, xml.iCatholicism )
You might want to adjust some of the other factors in the file.

To give UHV conditions you have to go to Victory.py and code those in Python. If you don't know how to code or Python in particular, this would be very hard.

Not sure why you'd want to play him though. Build missionaries/inquisitors, hoard/whore gold and tech .. sounds rather boring to me :D

Where is the code that limits the Papal territory to just the land around Rome and prevents him from declaring war? I'd like to keep the papal scripts other than that.

It is in the .dll file. You can turn all Papal scripts on or off, but not selectively. To make a change, you will have to recompile the .dll, which is a somewhat involved process.

How would I get a decompiled version of the .DLL? I can figure out the coding once I know how to get into it. I love the mod to death and I'd like to play around with it.

How would I get a decompiled version of the .DLL? I can figure out the coding once I know how to get into it. I love the mod to death and I'd like to play around with it.

The word is "reverse engineer" and you don't reverse engineer anything. You can get the source code from the svn page. I will make sure to upload the latest code tomorrow (I don't always update the C++ since I am the only one working on it).

Lol, I like to make up words sometimes. Source code would be cool. I haven't been able to find any source code for this mod yet.

BTW, have I mentioned how much I love this mod? I barely ever play any other form of Civ anymore. You're the man (along with everyone else helping you).

Everything is uploaded in the svn on sourceforge. You have to find some svn program on windows to download the latest changes.

The Pope could get either the city of Ravenna or permanent cultural territory to the Northeast in Romagna to simulate the actual borders of the Papal States. Currently, Venice usually ends up controlling all of Northeastern Italy. Having Papal territory border Milanese cultural territory would limit Venice's options for expansion, discourage them from taking Florence, and make them more likely to go for Dalmatia, Greece, Crete, etc.

Top Bottom