1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing on an Island map an automatic win?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Mojo85, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Mojo85

Mojo85 Chieftain

I normally play continents but went with Kupe on Island Plates. No we all know Kupe is about as S Tier as you can find, but it seems that playing anyone on a island map is a free game because the AI doesn't, or can't keep up. I'm playing deity and it seems no wonders are being built past The Great Library, no wars, even Korea isn't far ahead in science like they are on any other map. I've taken to enjoying island maps but theres no challenge to keep me going now. It's upsetting

2. Onii-chan

Onii-chan Chieftain

Yeah it's not balanced. And I can chip in and say my only Maori game so far in GS was on an Island Plates map and... well mistakes were made because it was perhaps the most dominant victory I've ever had in Civ. I was tripling everyone else in culture and science by the classical era on Immortal without even attacking anyone lol

I think Island Plates might be a bit more fair if you play with low sea level but nevertheless it'll always be a pretty gimmicky game where many of the early game aspects of Civ are flipped really hard

3. LKx

LKx Chieftain

Expansion 3:"can civs dream of elettric sheeps?"

AI's massive overaul

4. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

This is like true of any game with AI I've ever played. Indeed, islands are a handicap for them.

5. Mark1031

Mark1031 Chieftain

Yes I think AI is worse than previous versions on Island map. Won 2 deity always war with the Maori easily. In previous versions I could not win AW on Island because I would get crushed by early AI navy before I could tech/produce one.

6. Naktis

Naktis Chieftain

AI is bad on land , but its whole other disaster for naval AI.