Please add more colors to the city name, pop, current production and growth

klaskeren

Prince
Looking at cities from the general map, its pretty hard to distinguish the different parameters such as turns to grow, turns to production of currention thing city is producing, city size etc. Just add like orange for production green for growth or something similar, a small change that would make the game more playable and crisp, like seriously, just look at the different interface and its very clear that the civ 5 city interface is much nicer and easier to read than the BE one.

Attachments

• easier.png
    easier.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 464
I completely agree with you. Between this and the FI's and KP's color schemes clashing with the fungal biome, I fear I may be getting too old for this.

While we're on this subject, I feel that the Harmony colour scheme of dark green cities is too much. Combined with the lush biome, green themed units and green tile improvements, it is just an unrelenting onslaught of green. Contrast with complimentary colours and light against dark (chiaroscuro) is the key to pleasing asthetics, and elementary art technique. Even if the cities displayed city lights as a highlight to the dark green.

At the very least the city labels need a contrasting colour.

More colors: yes, please.

Purity art style: A little too low to the ground. A faction all about the sanctity of the human race should have taller skyscrapers.

More colors: yes, please.

Purity art style: A little too low to the ground. A faction all about the sanctity of the human race should have taller skyscrapers.

The human race wants their space. Suburban sprawl all the way

This old geezer approves of this post and its suggestions. :D

My eyes ain't what they used to be and legibility and clarity are important, so please Firaxis, consider "popping out" information text and even city elements for improved contrast & visibility.

I would rather they just adjust the contrast. I kind of like the uniformity of each factions color scheme, but with a little change of contrast on the data points, it should make things immediately legible.

How about a option button to "halo" or highlight combat units in different faction colors so they stand out against each other?

Moderator Action: Please do not bump threads -- that is regarded as spam. And no thread needs to be bumped "for devs" -- folks at Firaxis (and 2K) have a process for monitoring issues raised in community forums, including CFC.

Top Bottom