• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Please Help a Beginner!

damjamkato

Chieftain
I really want to know some things about PitBoss. I have a lot of questions, but please, if you can't answer them all, just answer one or two at least.

1. If you want to create a PitBoss game, and play in it, do you have to run pitboss on one computer and play on another?

2. Once you create a game, how do you join it?

3. where can you find pitboss games to play with other people?

If you can answer these questions i will be so happy.

Thanks in advance.

1. If you want to create a PitBoss game, and play in it, do you have to run pitboss on one computer and play on another?

No, you can play on the same computer.

2. Once you create a game, how do you join it?

You need to select the Direct IP multiplayer option and connect to the IP for your computer. How I normally do this is open up a DOS shell and type "ipconfig" (without the quotes of course).

3. where can you find pitboss games to play with other people?

You're in the right place! Unfortunately there is no central server which keeps track of these games so you just need to find forums where people who are hosting will advertise their games.

Bernout

that would be the multiplayer option when you open the actual game, not pitboss?

From the game launch screen click multiplayer, click Direct IP, enter the IP address of the host. If you are the host it works the same, enter your IP. Once connected, a pick list of civs appears; click on the one that represents you. The first time in you will be prompted for a password that you may use to keep others from playing your civ.

Once you are in, use the "Your Options" from the button at the top right of the scree to customize your identity and enter your e-mail addy in order to receive auto e-mails informing you of the turn roll-over.

one other thing.

would everything run better if pitboss was on one computer, and i was in the pitboss game on another, but both computer's are in the same network at my house.

Top Bottom