Please Help With Fishing!!!

GameQueen1975

Chieftain
How do I get the crabs and whales and all the other goodies on the sea.

I can't seem to create a BOAT even though I have researched sailing and fishing. Can Someone please help me!!!!:confused:

You need to build a Work Boat in a coastal city (need Fishing). When the Workboat is built, let it sail to the Crab/Fish/Clam and click "Create Fishing Boats". The Seafood must be within your cultural boarders to do that.

Whales basicly work the same way, however you will need to tech Optics before you can hook those up.

Hmm.

Step 1: Found a coastal City.
Step 2: Research Fishing
Step 3: Build a Work Boat (first naval unit)
Step 4: Move the Work Boat onto a square with Fish, Clams, or Crabs on it.
Step 5: Click "create fishing boats" (the flashing button) and you'll now have access to the resource. Please note you cannot build Fishing Boats on squares without a resource, and Work Boats are removed after you make a Fishing Boat.

Step 1: Found a coastal City.
Step 2: Research Fishing
Step 3: Build a Work Boat (first naval unit)
Step 4: Click 'Automate' (A key) and get on with the rest of the game

This is one of the things I was confused with when I first started. I thought any city with borders touching the sea would count as a coastal city and was confused why I couldn't build ships. I later found out that the central city tile actually needs to touch the coast to build ships.

Go to scenarios and play the huge earth world. Pick romans and you can build the fishing boat on the first turn. Wait about 15 turns or so, move boat onto crabs or fish, and click on the fish button on the bottom square, should be flashing with a blue border. The boat will be replaced with a fishing net around the square now.

Go to your city and now move a worker to the tile where you created it and now the city will be fishing or collecting more food now.

Now once you did this you will see how fishing works.

Hope this helps.

This is one of the things I was confused with when I first started. I thought any city with borders touching the sea would count as a coastal city and was confused why I couldn't build ships. I later found out that the central city tile actually needs to touch the coast to build ships.

If you build enough warriors you can drag the ships across the dirt. Avoid the farms though; the farmers get pissed.

Top Bottom