Please tell me how to make a mod that makes the start position random.

oldmole1984

Chieftain
I like the game balance of vanilla and I still play it from time to time, but in vanilla there is a bug that the caravel's starting position always starts from the south.

I looked at Assets / XML to fix this bug, but I don't know where to fix it. Please tell me the file that defines the starting position of the caravel. Thank you.

@oldmolde:

The CvGameCoreDLL.dll is the compiled "runtime file" from the soure code.
You are not supposed to open it and edit directly. That is not how programming works.

What you do instead is you edit the source code by an IDE for C++ like e.g. Visual Studio.
Or to formulate differently: You actually program C++ and then compile again.

The source code is shipped with Vanilla.
(Every mod normally ships its source code as well.)

-------

Summary:

You need to learn at least basics of C++ programing first before thinking about anything else.
Once you have learned that it should become easier to set up a project and program what you want.

Comment:
I had solved your problem already in TAC - so it is also fixed in RaR and WTP.
You can simply use the source code sniplets from WTP then to program your version for Vanilla.

Last edited:
Hello.

I don't know C, so I don't know how to randomize the player's starting point in vanilla balance.
If there is someone out there, could you please make a MOD for me that has the starting point randomized based on the vanilla Steam version?
Thank you for your understanding.

P.S.

I've played TAC and WTP, and I like vanilla balance just as much as those mods.

Top Bottom