Plight - expanded & corrected help texts for Master of Magic

Instead I elected to give GoG some business and bought it there, yeah I know it can be found for free. I just like to toss them a few bucks once in while to try to keep them around.
Good idea. :) I finally registered there just two days ago, they had a nice promo sale of old JoWooD games and I actually had some money to spare. I'll probably buy my old games there now even if there are other ways to get them - their policy of releasing DRM-free games and actually trusting their customers is a rare gem in today's business. I'll probably buy MoM there too, sooner or later.

Went to RB and found thier thread, now I have to spend the day reading.

They have a full-fledged MoM forum now: Click here :)

Mind you I only played MoM once or twice back in the day, so I nearly clueless. Going to add your Plight and see how it does.
If you find the time, please tell me how well (or bad) Plight worked for you. :) I added a lot of information, and I'm not sure whether this helps new players or confuses them (probably both ;) ), so feedback from new players is especially valuable. :)

I only wish they could remake them to use the windows tools like direct x, so we could bypass DoSBox. Yes I am glad there is DosBox. Maybe 5-10 of the top games remade with improved graphics, but not alter the game, like Moo.

The one I need the most is Stars as it is really a pain to run in under Windows 3.1 under Win7. Anyway back from errands, so time to check out MoM.

Stone skin doesnt stack with iron skin, but im not sure if thats intended.

Leadership doesnt work on summoned creatures either.

Something that isnt clear...does eldrict weapon and holy weapon boost magical ranged attacks?

With the unofficial patch, i noticed that floating islands were actually 2 move and not 4 as stated in the expanded help text.

Thanks for your reports, keep them coming! I can't reply in detail now (I still even haven't DOSbox set up on this new computer), but I will go through all of these reports when I update Plight. So even if I don't answer right away, your reports will be checked for the next update.

When you create an artifact with death, save at -3 or die, does it stack if you also put -4 spell save on it?

Are you sure life drain goes through shields? A 50 life drain which should be -10 to resist couldnt even inflict one hp of damage on high men priests with iron skin....

Are you sure life drain goes through shields? A 50 life drain which should be -10 to resist couldnt even inflict one hp of damage on high men priests with iron skin....

I think I took that information from either the manual or the strategy guide, I haven't tested it myself. Your setup is an interesting way of doing that, I'll check that.

Note: Due to health issues I may be away for a while in the near future. But even if I don't reply here, all posts will be taken into account for the next update, so please keep posting. :)

Hey there!

Just wondering if this is still being worked on (or if it even needs any more work), since the latest Unofficial patch is now 1.40m.

Oh also - big thanks for your awesome work! :)

Puts me in mind of the cut scene as the leader calls out "old man" to the wizard.

Top Bottom