Plus Support

Ashurdan

Warlord
I have a question about +support, when I reach +4 support(which I have) it states, +4 units supported for free "or up to base size for free." What does that mean, is that 4 for free if its size 4 and above like I think it is, or is it a minimum of 4 and 4+ if the base is size 4 or more? I ask this because the one unit ability I use the most is clean, I like going police, planned/green power as hive (SMAX) but I am now worried that clean is just making my units more expensive and is unnnecessary.... I apologize if this question has been asked before and I just didn't search for it, its 10:44 my time and I didn't sleep the night before( not playing SMAX or CIV, cramming for finals :goodjob:) so if it has been answered somewhere else could someone please point me to it? While I'm at it, I am at the game on transcend where the ai and I have fusion and I just stole psi attack, its cheap and it gets rid of their 8 armor advantage over my 13 attack units, the units aren't failing, they spawn elite and I just use cheap ground units(see other posts for my ban {a personal handicap really to make the game more competitive/interesting}on air unit abuse) so its not like 8 armor is the end of the world, put 8 pulse really puts a damper on my attacks. I apologize for the wall of text I get ranty on these boards. Oh and one other thing, does anyone bother with artillery at all? I don't, the ai hardly uses them and I have alot of ships but they are taking/fighting over sea colonies and not bombarding land squares, should they be? should I make cheap fusion hover batteries? if this gets no replies, like some of my other tired ranty posts ><, I'll try and edit the beast but for now I'll hope people will wade through it and thanks in advance if you get this far :crazyeye:

Ash

If you always use clean support is almost useless (except with missiles since they don't get the enhancements). Support drains production from the "home city". If you aren't at war, build all units with clean so that you can build a big army without incurring the support penalties.

Top Bottom