1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Poland/Reliquaries/Kandy

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Rapsynrev, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Rapsynrev

Rapsynrev Chieftain

So I started a game as Poland, founded a religion with the base belief Reliquaries (I was curious if it tripled their +2 bonus to faith or not. It did) so the artifact I was lucky enough to pick up from that village was now netting me 18 faith per turn! Now I go ahead and meet Kandy, and eventually become their Suzerain. I should have checked right away but did not, so I don't know how the x1.5 factor worked here. What I do know is that when I lost my Suzerain status I lost all bonuses to the relic and it went all the way down to +4 faith/turn (instead of 18 like it had been beforehand). I am unsure of how to proceed from here, but since I didn't catch this until 10 turns after and quicksaved over my prior game, I had no way to go back.

Has anyone else had a problem like this (I think it has to do with the Kandy/Reliquaries factors confusing each other) and does anyone know of a way to fix this?

EDIT
    Stupid me, forgot to put [1.0.0.56] in the subject line, but that is the current version number!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. The_Notorious_P

The_Notorious_P Chieftain

Yes, it has happened to me as well. With Poland and now Sumeria (I keep confusing Yerevan and Kandy, did the same mistake again). Regaining suzerain only give back +2 faith for your relics. Combining reliquaries and kandy is such an obvious strategy that it is hard to believe the playtesters wouldn't have tried it.

Doesn't seem to be a fix.

3. Rapsynrev

Rapsynrev Chieftain

My modding skill is just above zero, but I'm betting it is possible to use a mod to change Kandy's Suze bonus from

<Name>ScalingFactor</Name>
    <Value>150</Value>

to a set of conditional adds (instead of a scaling factor)? In other words instead of saying something like:

if(Poland)
    Faith/relic = +3
    if(Reliquaries)
    Faith/relic = +6
    else
    Faith/relic = +2

Anyways, just a thought. Not sure how easy that is to code though.

4. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

I'm not sure if this is a related bug but it's Kongo + Reliquaries. IDK how 5 relics in are generating +1400 faith/turn. I'm positive it's a bug.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  5. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator