Poland/Reliquaries/Kandy

Rapsynrev

Chieftain
So I started a game as Poland, founded a religion with the base belief Reliquaries (I was curious if it tripled their +2 bonus to faith or not. It did) so the artifact I was lucky enough to pick up from that village was now netting me 18 faith per turn! Now I go ahead and meet Kandy, and eventually become their Suzerain. I should have checked right away but did not, so I don't know how the x1.5 factor worked here. What I do know is that when I lost my Suzerain status I lost all bonuses to the relic and it went all the way down to +4 faith/turn (instead of 18 like it had been beforehand). I am unsure of how to proceed from here, but since I didn't catch this until 10 turns after and quicksaved over my prior game, I had no way to go back.

Has anyone else had a problem like this (I think it has to do with the Kandy/Reliquaries factors confusing each other) and does anyone know of a way to fix this?

EDIT
Stupid me, forgot to put [1.0.0.56] in the subject line, but that is the current version number!

Last edited:
Yes, it has happened to me as well. With Poland and now Sumeria (I keep confusing Yerevan and Kandy, did the same mistake again). Regaining suzerain only give back +2 faith for your relics. Combining reliquaries and kandy is such an obvious strategy that it is hard to believe the playtesters wouldn't have tried it.

Doesn't seem to be a fix.

My modding skill is just above zero, but I'm betting it is possible to use a mod to change Kandy's Suze bonus from

<Name>ScalingFactor</Name>
<Value>150</Value>

to a set of conditional adds (instead of a scaling factor)? In other words instead of saying something like:

if(Poland)
Faith/relic = +3
if(Reliquaries)
Faith/relic = +6
else
Faith/relic = +2

Anyways, just a thought. Not sure how easy that is to code though.

I'm not sure if this is a related bug but it's Kongo + Reliquaries. IDK how 5 relics in are generating +1400 faith/turn. I'm positive it's a bug.

Last edited:
Top Bottom