Policy costs if I give away a city decreases?

Bretwalda

Warlord
If I found new cities policy costs go up (by 15% if I am correct)

What happens to cost if I lose a city I founded?

a) if in war lost
b) if it is gifted away

(Other words can I found a crappy ice city and gift away in the same turn to another civ without policy increase?)

Thanks for any advice! Have a nice day!

Simply put, social policy cost increases are permanent.

You can give away puppeted cities the same turn (or any turn after that) without an increase in SP cost.

If you:

a) Lose a city in war
b) Gift it away

You will still have an increased SP cost the turn afterwards (unless it was a puppet).

If you found a crappy ice city and give it away in the same turn to another civ you will still suffer from the SP increase forever.

Another thing you cannot do to avoid SP increase is puppet a city and then raze it. This I find a little annoying but that is how the game works.

Best advice - don't found oir annex crappy cities! ;)

You WILL have increased costs if you found/annex a city and give it away, but your next city won't increase costs. I.e. I found a city, and my policy cost goes from 100 to 115; if I give it away, the cost is still 115, but founding the next city after that won't raise the cost above 115.

What you do is lose your city to get off your max (i.e. if the most you have ever had is 9 cities, then lose a city and get down to 8). Then you can found crappy ice cities and give them away one-at-a-time all you want. It's a nice way to get other civs PO'ed with each other: leave a nice juicy, vulnerable city for civ B right next to civ C.

Top Bottom