Policy Discussion: Tradition

The flat +5 happy in liberty would basically be fine. I'd much rather do that than improve existing happiness buildings or bring back palaces. Bonus happiness on surplus luxuries should stay in the commerce tree.

+3 culture on the opener is fine, possibly even by itself + the wonder unlock, or possibly with a longer term +1 on later culture buildings option. The big question is how to improve legalism, and moving the culture border effect there would be one obvious way. XP for garrisons would be fine for oligarchy.

I think Pyramids are fine for liberty, if they revert to the "free settler" option or some kind of happiness effect (which seems wrong). But I can see an argument for picking something with more flavor and providing similarly useful benefits.

+3 culture on the opener is fine, possibly even by itself + the wonder unlock
I think so. I don't think unlocks should be very strong.

The flat +5 happy in liberty would basically be fine. I'd much rather do that than improve existing happiness buildings or bring back palaces.
Agreed. Probably too strong on the opener though.

I think Pyramids are fine for liberty, if they revert to the "free settler" option or some kind of happiness effect (which seems wrong).
A giant useless lump of rock built by slaves has pretty poor flavor value with Liberty.

Parthenon, a symbol of the first Republic and the inventors of Democracy, works rather better - if we change the effect.

Are you saying a happiness effect seems wrong for Liberty (which I'd disagree), or seems wrong for Pyramids (which I'd agree with; industriousness makes more sense)?

Happiness on pyramids makes little sense. I can see a good argument for the Parthenon, but ideally the wonder swaps would wait until we're modifying wonders anyway. Something to file away for later.

I would be fine with putting the happiness in instead of the golden age or alongside republic (depending on its effect). The liberty opener seems okay to me as is at +1 per city (which is quite powerful for wide), it just needs a better wonder to go with it.

Top Bottom