1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast Episode 128: "Open to Abuse"

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by DanQ, Sep 10, 2011.

1. DanQ

DanQ Owner, Civilized Communication

To close the gap. The one-hundred-and-twenty-eighth episode of PolyCast, "Open to Abuse", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guest co-host Kelly "KMadCandy" and first-time guest co-host "the man of doom"; it has a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m30s | Forum Talk
      Using Civilization IV Governor's ability to stop growth in a city, seeing an incorporation of a colonization system (11m55s) and another means to war without diplomatic penalty (25m19s), both in CivV.
    - 36m49s | Miscellaneous
      Counting your favourites as traits in V, and on Electronic Arts seeking copyright renewal of Alpha Centauri amongst a few other gaming titles.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Competitive Civilization V multiplayer shoutouts, connecting a pen-and-paper game with nakedness, and prompting for a catchphrase refresher.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

2. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

Are these podcasts any good?

3. DanQ

I believe they are... but I might be biased for some reason.

:mischief:

4. Haig

Haig Deity

Does Catherine have a big rack? Are germans a peace-loving nation?
    Wait, forget the last one..

5. DanQ

When this episode was originally uploaded, only the first ~40 minutes was transferred. No error message was generated, and I did not notice this otherwise :o, until it was pointed out to me on another forum; the issue has been corrected. If you have downloaded this episode before this posting, please do so again (unless you obtained the "Dial-Up" version -- this was not affected).

Pardon any inconvenience.

6. DanQ

:lol: