pop size can't exceed 6 ??

Ok just talked with Faichele and in WoC\Assets\Modules\Immigrants\Global Defines\Immigrants_GlobalDefines.xml we can adjust how many Immigrants per city per turn, and also the lower end they start spawning. So here we go.

Spoiler :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword -->
<!-- Modified by the World of Civilization Team -->
<!-- Global Defines -->
<!-- -->
<Civ4Defines xmlns="x-schema:CIV4GlobalDefinesSchema.xml">
	<Define>
		<DefineName>USE_IMMIGRANTS</DefineName>
		<bDefineBoolVal>1</bDefineBoolVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>USE_IMMIGRANTS_DEBUG</DefineName>
		<bDefineBoolVal>1</bDefineBoolVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>NUM_IMMIGRANTS_PER_CITY_AND_TURN</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>2</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>IMMIGRANTS_LOWER_POPULATION_LIMIT</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>3</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
</Civ4Defines>
The first code we can change is the number of Immigrants per turn/per city which is here. This says that there is a max of 2 Immigrants per city per turn. This can be changed from 2 to 1 per city/per turn.
Code:
		<iDefineIntVal>2</iDefineIntVal>

Next we can adjust the lower limit of when the will spawn
Code:
. So the 3 indicates when they will start spawning, you can set that to whatever lower limit you want b4 you start spawning Immigrants.
Also Faichele saw some code he wants to adjust, which we wil get out in the next release. So for now you can adjust it how you like. Hope that helps. Im sure it will.

Hope that helps. Im sure it will.

Totally! Thanks for your and Faichele efforts roger, I'll try in a while here, nice variables to mess with =P

(just a newb question on civ mods, this will only affect new games, right?)

You might be able to save game and reload after the changes. Lots of the xml changes i make will reload same game, not all though. you can make a backup b4 you make the changes of the global defines just in case though.

I confess my first wish was to see those stuck cities to grow lol =) and they did! Before everything else i changed USE_IMMIGRANTS to 0, only to see it happening, and all the 6'ers started to go 8,9,10...

But, before going more on that, all the existent emmigrants (from my cities, with my banner) that were already in the map before the switch turned out to be rebel immigrants/settlers, ok no problem. Then turn after turn they kept there, no movements, nothing, still "ok" since it was a feature deactivated from nothing. Suddenly crash to desktop with Visual C++ fault dialog etc, thing that never happened with Woc before, never. Reloaded 1 turn before that, played it normally and no crashes this time, only 10 turns after it crashed again the same way.

I'm reporting this since it's something you guys are testing, not saying that it feels wrong.. I suppose a feature that was so active and intense suddenly deactivated must have messed something on a saved game, but I think it won't happen with a fresh new game, I'll test this later. Until see this I won't test the others constants, since they're irrelevant with immigration off.

Ok great I really appreciate your feedback, if it werent foryour help and all ou beta testers development would be slowed down, by the way what Civ where you playing? I hope it wasnt any of the Asian ones as I found 2 units incorrect that wil cause the dreaded CTD, but they are fixed allready.

Aw no problem at all, really pleased to help this lil bit near all you guys do to make it work well. These last games I always played as Brazilians

rockinroger, forgive me but what is the "MLF" and how does one go about using it?

Thanks!

The MLF is in Assets/Modules/Immigration/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml. Here you can turn off the Immigration mod by going to
Code:
<Module>
					<Directory>Immigrants</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>
Change this code to
Code:
<Module>
					<bLoad>0</bLoad>
				</Module>

Or you can go inside the Immigration mod and bump the requirements for Immigration to happen per this post http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7573256&postcount=22

The MLF is in Assets/Modules/Immigration/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml. Here you can turn off the Immigration mod by going to
Code:
<Module>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>
Change this code to
Code:
<Module>
					<bLoad>0</bLoad>
				</Module>

Or you can go inside the Immigration mod and bump the requirements for Immigration to happen per this post http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7573256&postcount=22

rockinroger,

just so that I am clear (and don't FUBAR my game innards):

1) I located this file (I assume that there is only one file and not multiple files with the same name? -- i.e. I figure I should just do a SEARCH for "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml")
2) Open it with Notepad
2) Change the "1" to a "0"
3) Save and close

and then I'm done? Thanks!

The first code we can change is the number of Immigrants per turn/per city which is here. This says that there is a max of 2 Immigrants per city per turn. This can be changed from 2 to 1 per city/per turn.
Code:
<iDefineIntVal>2</iDefineIntVal>Next we can adjust the lower limit of when the will spawn
Code:
I Have changed the two figures to 1 and 10 respectively and so far i have not had any immigrants spawn, some of my cities now have 20 population.

I Have changed the two figures to 1 and 10 respectively and so far i have not had any immigrants spawn, some of my cities now have 20 population.

can someone else confirm that this is the proper method for adjusting this?

Top Bottom