Possible to change player colors?

mussbu

Chieftain
Is it possible to change a civ's/player's colors once a game has started? Reason why I ask is that there are times when my civ butts up to another of the same or similar color and its hard to make out my boundaries. I looked into the BUG but didn't notice it.

No it is not possible to change it in game. You can edit the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file to change the color of any civ. If you change it, it will break the save.

BTW, how many colours are in the game? One for each CIV? Some of them seem to be really similiar - i.e. Germans and Brits....

Player colors are defined in Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML\Interface\CIV4PlayerColorInfos.xml and all the available colors are defined in Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML\Interface\CIV4ColorVals.xml. Modular civs have their own color defines included inside the module folders.

I made a modmod that changes England's color.:cool:

This looks good. I always pictured a Red England to match those pretty red uniforms. Germany as dark grey. France is fine, Holland is fine.

Too bad the colors couln't be changed in-game. Could be fun to experiment.

BTW, how many colours are in the game? One for each CIV? Some of them seem to be really similiar - i.e. Germans and Brits....

I had once a strange situations: in a game where i had 2 russian civs (as a team... to make them a bit stronger) and 2 greece(?) civs the colors of the 2nd russion civ was exactly the same as the 2nd greeces' which resulted in their borders to melt... looked a weird and was a bit confusing because the russians were my allies.

Top Bottom