Post here if you still don't have the game

meltone1

Civophile
I'm am one of the unfortunate ones.. checked all the local stores around town today and no luck. :( I have an EB at home but I am away at college now..are they the only ones that carry it or what?!? i'm tempted to make a special trip back home.. hehe

i'm with you...they were all out at EB, and it hasnt arrived anywhere else here yet
pity party, guys :cry:

no offense...

but this is a game, right? last time i checked, it was not real life or anything... lol. oh, well. i mean, i want this game just as much as everyone else, but i'm not going to obsess over not getting it-- in fact, i won't be getting it for another 2 months at least :(

so yeah, obviously i don't have the game yet. but im looking forward to get it in 2 months...

I don't see anyone obsessing in this thread :confused:

Just the usual borderline spam ;)

I'm an Aussie, so I'll be lucky to see it in a week, so feel better guys :)

Edit: just noticed my post number :satan:

Hmm.... I don't have the game yet, but I know exactly what I will do first when I get it!

1.) Mesopotamia: The first beginnings of civilization, and the formation of the original advances within the world begin here.
2.) The Rise of Rome: With the backdrop of the civilized ancient world [developed in previous game. ^^;] a new empire must arise to reach new heights: Rome
3.) The Fall of Rome: After Rome became prominent, the decline began.. and new powers appear to overthrow this nation. When the dust settles, however... who will prevail?
4.) The Middle Ages: After the collapse of Rome, Europe was fractured forever. Now that the dark ages caused by that fall have ended, who will become dominant in this new world order?
5.) Mesoamerica: the focus now shifts to the undiscovered American continent, as several civilizations battle it out in a blood war to claim cultural supremecy.
6.) The Age of Discovery: After the dusk settles from the Middle Ages, Europe looks outward to new horizons, and new conquests. The still feuding Mesoamerican civilizations thus encounter the Europeans, and must fight for their very survival...
7.) Sengoku: In Japan, feudal lords fight for supremecy, as explorers from Europe make contact with the infighting island nation.
8.) The Napoleanic Wars: The age of colonizations has ended. The U.S. rebelled from Britian, and France killed their king. And yet a new emperor has ascended: Napolean. And he has come to conquer all of Europe, if he can.
9.) World War II Pacific Theatre: Japan has seen first hand the European means of expansion, and wishes now to do the same: By 'colonizing' the Pacific. Yet one more threat stands in its way... The United States. The last great battle in history now begins, but in the end... who will prevail?
10.) The Epic Game: 31 Civilizations to choose from and a heck of a lot of new additions and rules changes; this is almost like an entierely new game! The last mode to be played will by far the longest as I create my own new world history!

Don't have it.

Wasn't going to get it. (Check my location for why)

Now I'm not sure. I can convince the wife for one or the other. DS:LoA comes out next week, (Which not only inclueds the expansion, but the full game with it) for the same $30 that I could get conquests for. . .so I dunno. . . just have to wait and see.

i had never pre ordered from a dot com before and i thought they mailed them so they'd be at my door the day of the release.. but i thought wrong. it should be here this afternoon though.

Originally posted by Frozenjellyfish
i had never pre ordered from a dot com before and i thought they mailed them so they'd be at my door the day of the release.. but i thought wrong. it should be here this afternoon though.

Pity us poor Europeans! I preordered the US version from a dot.com as well, but no game in sight yet.. :-(..who knows when I'll finally get it! *crying in my beer*

Originally posted by Frozenjellyfish

Mmh depends what dot.com you chose... With my choice it WILL come on release day !
(At least that's what's specified)

Well, just as Masquerouge, I need to wait for the release in France. Since I won't be in Paris that day and want to enjoy the week-end though, I wonder from whom you ordered Masquerouge to be so sure you will get it on Friday. So I can do the same of course :o :) BTW nice to see more French around here !

hey turner, is that dungeon siege primarily a multi-player game or what? I may have to try it sometime..

not yet, but hopefully by next monday I will (but I doubt it :undecide: )

Does anyone know the UK release date? I thought it was today, but the HMV and Virgin Megastores websites have it at the 21st, and PC World site doesn't even have it listed.

all things considerd, there is a release date, and an expectation date- the date when you can actually expect the game to hit your local store shelves

best bet is to call around the day of release, but dont expect it for another week after

I wont have it till 14th

here is a quick summary of what prices in Norway will be (checked out some webshops:

Bestshop.no: NOK 249,-
Gamesmix: NOK 269,-

So I guess the allround price here in Norway will be around NOK 300
which will be in USD - not knowing exactly the current exchange rate: $41,67.
Yes Norway is indeed a land of costs

In comparison to that price - I bought C3 for NOK 500 , and that would be, given the same exchange rate as above: $69,45

Will still get the game though :) much too late :cry: , but I dont think I ll be able to play till Xmas however, so I should not feel too bad about it. My dreaded exams are approaching :eek: and I must prepare ;)

Originally posted by zulu9812
Games Planet have it listed for the 14th, Play.com hav it the 14th too. Bummer...

Yes well Atari have to make sure they convert the languages for Europe so it takes longer. Apparantly we don't speak English in the UK. Go figure.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Top Bottom