Post unit requests for Rabbit, White

Just thought I'd adress some of the posts I missed, as well as give a general update...

@Khai: While that blind swordsman looks indeed cool I can't do it because I'm just not at that level of skill in terms of modeling humanoids, much less making cool animations for them. I might though make that sword, it looks interesting.

@GarretSidzaka: It might be interesting to add protesters (at least the ones with Molotov should be straightforward) but it's not on a priority list. If I get a break from other projects and feel like it I might give it a shot but don't hold your breath. :)

@RomanFire: I still very much want to do that RPG, hopefully I'll be able to get to it sometime in the next few weeks.

@Keltic Fitz: Why do you want to use the grenadier, is it the hat? If it is then it's possible to just grab the grenadier's head from Chalid's collection of heads :D and put it on a swordsman or something. I don't know if I'll be making it however because while it should be fairly simple, it's gonna be time consuming, especially the texturing part. I never say never but don't hold your breath. However, if you really want this unit you could give it a shot yourself. Other than texturing it's not very complicated and once you have the model you could request a matching skin. :)

@Chamaedrys: I've been itching to make a ship but I don't think I'll ever have the time, sorry.

@ImperialBritain: Well the strenght and other stats are up to you or just mod makers in general, I just do the graphics. :) As far as these units, they might be an interesting experiment in creating more unit variations so I might take a look at it in a few weeks. But you should keep your eyes open, someone just might do it before me. People already created variations of french units similar to this so it's possible someone's working on some varied british units as well.

@Ploeperpengel: Well, if you only need the lance it shouldn't be a problem. I myself wanted to make knight with a lance for a while but I keep delaying it because the animations will take forever (all the double checking and potential bugs, etc.) but if you're willing to deal with that then I certainly can provide a lance. :) If I get couple of hours this weekend then I should have it by monday, if not then expect it next weekend.

@FK2006: These are great resources, thanks. :)

@Final Starman: G36, hmm. I want to make several modern and maybe slightly futuristic rifles (finally got a reason to model guns :D). Don't know when I'll get to it though, but when I do I'll let you know.

So... a lot of shut downs, isn't it?... not very good :(

Ok, well it might look bad based on this post but I do make units based on this thread, oh and Klyde182, I still haven't forgotten about the elephant.

I don't want to discourage folks from posting here, but just to make the situation clear - with my new job I don't have nearly as much time for modding as I used to, and I have at least a month, if not more, of backed up projects that I need to finish. So, other than really simple quick requests, like the Lance, I won't be able to fulfil any new requests for at least few weeks.

Having said that, it doesn't mean I won't... here I go with the crazy ramblings again :) - sometimes when I get tired working on all the same projects for long I might go here and go through the requests and pick something new to do. That is actually the reason why I have so many unfinished projects at once, I just can't commit to one project, I gotta play the field. :D

P.S. Wow, I really use smilies a lot, I got the "too many images" message when I tried to post this the first time. :lol:

@Rabbit White: Okey Dokey

Oh another idea! How about a Huscarl (Saxon/Norse elite unit) a maceman with an axe rather than a mace would do the job and eye gaurds or a face mask on the helmat and a cape would be the icing on the cake. Something like:
These guys
Or
This guy
:viking:

I read your NIF Viewer tutoral a while back, when I first came across it, and I must not have paid much attention, because I always assumed that you had to have 3dmax to use it. But I just reread the tutural and realized that you don't need 3dmax to use the NIF Veiwer you get with the plugins download.

About half an hour later I finished dling the plugins and, true to what you said, not more then 2 minutes after unzipping and starting the NIFVeiwer, I was playing the game with a warrior that DOESN'T carry a club.

Thanx for everything Rabbit, you rock. :)

Jeckel said:
I read your NIF Viewer tutoral a while back, when I first came across it, and I must not have paid much attention, because I always assumed that you had to have 3dmax to use it. But I just reread the tutural and realized that you don't need 3dmax to use the NIF Veiwer you get with the plugins download.

About half an hour later I finished dling the plugins and, true to what you said, not more then 2 minutes after unzipping and starting the NIFVeiwer, I was playing the game with a warrior that DOESN'T carry a club.

Thanx for everything Rabbit, you rock. :)
Lol, no problem, better late than never right. :D

@Keltic Fitz: I'll look into that.

hey rabbit white....

i think i remember you making a modern genral looking guy for the lopez,like a sergeant or something

am i wrong?...i cant recall....if you did make one could you show me where its at...

i am just seeing if i could find modern generals for the realism mod...

if you did nont do one and i am mistaken..i would like to make that a request a modern general looking guy

thanks

Hey there :) I was wondering if you could make a female warrior...re: Xena-like? I have yet to se ANY female anything...it would be really cool...especially since Im working on an amazon mod :):)

Gypsy1969 said:
Hey there :) I was wondering if you could make a female warrior...re: Xena-like? I have yet to se ANY female anything...it would be really cool...especially since Im working on an amazon mod :):)
That's a bit problematic. The Spy model doesn't work well with other animations, and even when you manage to do that, her proportions are so different than all the other models in the game that she comes out distorted and looking weird.
The female settler model on the other hand, while it fits better with other animations, is very plain looking and hardly an amazon-type ;). Point of all this is that a female warrior type will likely need to be modeled and animated from scratch, and I've no idea when, and if, I'll be able to do that.

Cool deal....I guess I will have to work on it then :) I have 3ds somewhere LOL I'll post if I am successfull :)

I am wondering Rabbit, White could you make a scoutish settler horserider that would represent Nomadic movement. they should be able to have a movement bouns though plains, grassland,and hills.They should have movement points subtracted when going through Jungle they would have no attack just like a scout but have 2 defence to represent nomad haveing to defend themseleves from wild animals the eliments and other nomads.they would be a little bit more expensive a a result or you could have a mounted scout

RW, could you please do some simple, low poly spaceships? they dont even have to be real pretty, its just that all we got right now are starwars ships, that would look cheesy in a generic space mod :(

please! :D

GarretSidzaka said:
RW, could you please do some simple, low poly spaceships? they dont even have to be real pretty, its just that all we got right now are starwars ships, that would look cheesy in a generic space mod :(

please! :D
I didn't think anyone wanted anything but Star Wars spaceships :) I'll see what I can do.

Slavic Sioux said:
I am wondering Rabbit, White could you make a scoutish settler horserider that would represent Nomadic movement. they should be able to have a movement bouns though plains, grassland,and hills.They should have movement points subtracted when going through Jungle they would have no attack just like a scout but have 2 defence to represent nomad haveing to defend themseleves from wild animals the eliments and other nomads.they would be a little bit more expensive a a result or you could have a mounted scout
All that stuff about 2 movement points, and defence and whatever, that's up to you or whoever's using the unit for a mod, I'm just making the graphics. :) Having said that, I'm not 100% clear on what is it that you want? Is it a settler on a horse?

Hey rabbit, I would like a swarm unit. It could be four invisible planes with an odd number say 11 lowpoly vermine suspended on each of them. for movement animations, one of the planes could move foreward and the other three could shuffle in an eliptical patern, kind of like a squashed ferris wheel, so that they look like they are crawling over the front ranks and then bieng trampled back into the swarm, if you understand the visual I'm trying to get at. for the atack animation the swarm would just have move forward really fast then fall back a bit, rinse and reapeat. You could use the same basic animation for rats, scorpions, pirrana, or crows.
also if you could do a particle effect that would look like specks of gnats or fliess wirling about the swarm that would be awsome.
Is this posible?

yes White I was thinking eather a scout on a horse or a settler on a horse and or a camel with eather a scout or a settler

@Xereq: I think I know what you're looking for but it looks to be somewhat of a long project. I'll be keeping this one in mind because it looks interesting but to be honest I don't know when, if ever, I'll be able to get to it.

Slavic Sioux said:
yes White I was thinking eather a scout on a horse or a settler on a horse and or a camel with eather a scout or a settler
Ok that should be interesting. I just might make both the camel and horse versions. :) Not sure when I'll be able to do them, not too far off though

Top Bottom