1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Vehicle Requests for SnafuSmith

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by snafusmith, May 23, 2006.

1. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

You're VERY wrong! I'm still at it for the next week. Right now I've been working on the most awesome Mech the world has ever seen. Once that's done, I'll move onto some of the requests here.

2. Osymandias

Osymandias Grand King of Apes

3. Ploeperpengel

Ploeperpengel academic precarity

4. Khai

Khai Warlord

5. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

SPACESHIPS, SNAFU, SPACESHIPS!!

no picture coz i want you to have fun and be creative. im sure you can slap some low poly ships together.

6. Osymandias

Osymandias Grand King of Apes

7. Imdement

Imdement Chieftain

A fast attack boat for spec ops would be really cool. I don't have any pictures yet, but if others like this idea maybe i could get a few for it.

I am currently working getting choppers and their cargo to load on ships, so it would be cool to allow a coastal only fast attack boat to load on a ship and travel over the ocean and then off load on another coast and do some damage.

8. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

I really like some of these requests, and I'll do my best to get to them before I dissapear Sunday. For now though, I'm focusing on a Mech (which is modeled and animated, just needs a nice texture and some effects), maybe a modern ship of some kind, and some of those pesky modern tanks. I really hope I have time to get to the Gyrocopter, as I love the WH mods.

9. Padmewan

Padmewan King

I'm all for a 'Mech!

That future-sub looks like it'd serve well as an interstellar ship, too.

And of course I still vote for a hovertank :)

10. Dead Men

Dead Men Chieftain

Could you make a WW II era U.S. M-10 (Wolverien) Tank Destroyer? The British called it an Achilies. Compared to the M-4 This tank kicked Butt. It could actualy go toe-to-toe with a Panther and have a good chance of winnng! For pic's just goggle the name or try www.hood.army.mil and navigate to the 4th ID musieum. If you can't, could you point me to some one who could? My Grandfather served in one in WW II.

11. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Unfortuantetly, Snafusmith is gone. He won't be able to make many more units anymore.

12. That's too bad. With nautil and now him gone, there's no one to make war machines.

13. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

I can always try to learn how to use 3Ds Max, I have more than enough time now that summer is upon us. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

14. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

wierd, this guy has made this unusiful post, then he was making kinda crap stuff ( such as moon units and stuff ) and then he's just gone .... smart one, lol ( no offence )

15. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Wait, who are you talking about?

Snafusmith made some of the best tank models out there!

16. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

after he had made this post he didn't make anything except ww1 tank, type99 tank and moon units ... were this units requested in this post?
    so, why he made this post at all?

17. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Because he was going to make only a couple more units which is all he could do before he went off.
    And yes, most of those units were requested.

18. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

I still have some limited computer use, just not much... so I do plan to finish many of these requested units (a mech and the btr80 are well along). And for someone who makes 'kinda crap stuff', you sure do use a lot of it in your mod. Refering to my moon units is also a low blow, as those were some of my first work. If you want to see my more recent stuff (that were also made because of this thread), check out the Humvee and Type 99.

19. Koba the Dread

Koba the Dread Warlord

Dear Snafusmith,

If there is still time to post a unit request or two, I would like to do so now. First, the modern British main battle tank - the Challenger. Second, the primary British interceptor and fighter bomber - the Tornado.

20. Padmewan

Padmewan King

Glad to hear you're still out there, smitty. Ignore the ingrates ;)