1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Vehicle Requests for SnafuSmith

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by snafusmith, May 23, 2006.

1. woodelf

woodelf Bard Retired Moderator

The Moon units will always find a place in any mod I work on, except maybe FfH. Maybe Kael will change his mind? :p

2. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

well, i asked for no offence, i misspaled the word ( english is not my mother's language ) i meant - offend.
    any way, there are some facts like - only 2 big units makers on this forum left for now and one of them is u. no units made by u ( yet ) which has been requested in this thread. Do you agree with this true? if so, why u offended on my previouse post?
    and once again, i never said your units are "bad" or "worse".

good luck and waiting for good units ( and yes, type99 is already in my mod for the next update, cause this unit is very good ).

3. Hardner

Hardner Emperor

Easy guys! We truly can not afford the unit makers to perform their hobbies all the time. They are doing this for somehow for wellfare and they are doing real great, there are also people in the world who getting professionally paid for unit creation. People like Smitty, Sharik and Nautil also got a main job to do, Smitty's serving the army, Sharik's a student and Nautil I don't know. They've got a hell lot of reputation here and they also surely need breaks. And it's also summer and not these bad rainy days in February when units got 'pumped' So just chill and wait for creators sacrificing their time again and bring us wonderful gifts like it's christmas.;)

4. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

You have to remember that unit makers mostly do their work for others, not themselves. That's why I appreciate them so much.

5. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

good point ;)

6. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

Snafu, please make me a spaceship or two! please!

Oh yeah, and remember that 50,000 poly model you converted for me, your first civ4 unit? could you smooth that puppy down a bit or make me a new satellite for Second Revolution II?

7. Padmewan

Padmewan King

Even if English is not your first language, you should realize that just saying "no offense" doesn't erase what you actually say.

You said : "he was making kinda crap stuff".

It's like saying, "You are a jerk! (No offense)"

8. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

snafusmith is one of the premier "unit makers" out here, and everybody forgets units he has made becaues he doesnt have them posted in his signature like other "unit makers"

9. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

LOL, man you are JORK if you really think this way :)))) but since ur location is planet ( as it says below ur picture-avator ) and u r suposed to be human ( as i believe u r ) u have to really feel the difference between what man does and who he is ;) when u will feel it u will not be jork any longer ;) take this tip for free, chao.

10. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

um, unit requests....?

11. RogerBacon

RogerBacon King

World War II era aircraft carriers. The Japanese carriers Kaga and Akagi were first made in 1927 and 1928 with multiple flying off decks. Later in the mid 30's they were refitted to have only one flying off deck (presumably because the bigger, heavier planes by that time couldn't use the lower decks).

Roger Bacon

12. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

I disagree. All of my more recent units have been direct requests from this thread (the HUMVEE, Type 99, BTR80/M113). I am still working on these! Also, see the beginning of the thread for my list of to-dos and what I'm working on now.

-Smitty

13. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

... Yea, thanks for the tip :wow:

Snafusmith, I've got some requests for you, all having to do with Middle Age / Renaissance warfare. They are siege weapons.

The first is a ballista, a siege weapon still in use by some European powers in the 14th and 15th centuries:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a6/Ballista.JPG

This may have been done already, but my next request is a trebuchet:

The next is a gunpowder weapon, the bombard:

The last one probably doesn't need a new model, maybe you can give me tips on how to create it ... probably making the existing cannon larger will do. In any case, I need a Basilik ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilic ) for the Ottomans to conquer Constantinople.

These are my "vehicle" requests, if you're able to do any then that's fine and dandy. The ballista is probably the most important though. Thanks for the thread :)

14. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

15. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

hey snafu!!
    :bump:
    Spaceships and a satellite redo! Thanks!

16. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Thanks Spartan117 ... now what I really need is a Bombard and a Ballista!

17. Dead Men

Dead Men Chieftain

Snafusmith (Love the name!)
    Could you make a WW II era U.S. M-10 (Wolverien) Tank Destroyre? For pis just goggle the name or try www.hood.army.mil and navigate to the 4th ID museam. Thanks for your time.

18. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

I guess I have perfect timing... I just finished the model for this when I checked the thread. Should be sometime this weekend-ish.

19. The Conquests

The Conquests Conquests

The drawing Su-27KUB(Su-33UB)

20. Hadrean

Hadrean Hi, how are you?

If you have time can you make me a Japanese type 90 tank?

Color scheme