Post your mock draft for NFL mock draft 2019.

Brees and Wilson are also short. I don’t think that should be much of a problem.

First off, a couple exceptions don't really change the reality that football is not a little guy game. Second off, Wilson and Brees are both bigger than Murray.

Holy cow! Dillard fell all the way to 22 and the Eagles trade up to grab him!!!!

I think Murray could have been legit if he found the proper landing spot. But that didn’t happen.

I didn't like our pick (Marquise Blair) at all but the redeeming factor is that Pete Carroll is arguably the best in the league at developing defensive backs.

also: Considering the Titans got a very good wide receiver (particulalry considering where they drafted him) they are going to have a stacked offense in 2019.

If you share my opinion that Josh Rosen is a legit starter who was never given a fair chance which was not at all his fault, then the Dolphins walked away with a steal.

If you share my opinion that Josh Rosen is a legit starter who was never given a fair chance which was not at all his fault, then the Dolphins walked away with a steal.

Wow, just looked at the details on that. They traded back with the Saints and picked up an extra second round pick next year, then traded The Saints second round pick to Arizona. That's pure face saving for the Cardinals. They were boo hooing that there was no way they would take a third rounder after all the draft capital they put into Rosen, so now they get to say they got a second rounder...only three picks away from the third round, but they can say they "won." What a bunch of buffoons.

Yeah, Dolphins came up on that one for sure.

And the Dolphins already had soooooo much draft capital for 2020 as it is. If they don’t have to spend a single one on a starting QB then they could build a very dangerous team around Rosen.

edit: Also forgot to mention: I firmly believe that Rosen is a step above any QB the Dolphins had on their roster last year, and also better than Fitzapatrick. In that case, they made things harder for the Pats. Belichick's disciples have traditionally done pretty well against the Pats, and the Dolphins did well against the Pats last year, so perhaps these are two games they've already lost.

Last edited:
And the Dolphins already had soooooo much draft capital for 2020 as it is. If they don’t have to spend a single one on a starting QB then they could build a very dangerous team around Rosen.

edit: Also forgot to mention: I firmly believe that Rosen is a step above any QB the Dolphins had on their roster last year, and also better than Fitzapatrick. In that case, they made things harder for the Pats. Belichick's disciples have traditionally done pretty well against the Pats, and the Dolphins did well against the Pats last year, so perhaps these are two games they've already lost.

I'll go you one better...Rosen is a better prospect than any quarterback in this years draft.

We have different opinions about Kyler Murray but that doesn't matter because the Cardinals are going to ruin his career.

We have different opinions about Kyler Murray but that doesn't matter because the Cardinals are going to ruin his career.

In terms of being a prospect, Murray would be a gamble on a good team. Kind of like Russell Wilson was...the Seahawks had built a very good roster and they needed to plug in a good triggerman that they could afford. He was small, but that gamble paid off for them. The Cleveland Browns took a similar gamble on Baker Mayfield, and that seems to be working out. But there aren't many teams who can say they are in that stacked roster condition and ready to make that bet, and without a team like that Murray had no career to ruin because he isn't going to walk in the door and just carry a team. The last guy that tried that was RG3, and look how that turned out. We can debate whether Washington ruined him, or he ruined them, but either way they both went down the drain. The last guy I can think of that walked in and strapped a bad team on his back and actually got somewhere is Aaron Rodgers, and even Murray's biggest fans don't think he is Aaron Rodgers.

I actually think Murray's ceiling is higher than Russell Wilson's and Baker Mayfield's. But that's not going to matter because of a lack of talent in his supporting cast and what has to be a bad head coach. As I stated before, literally the only reason whatsoever KK is a good choice is if he simply has the best insider information on who the best players are coming out of the draft. Even if that's true that obviously doesn't mean he's the best choice for the job. At least Vance Joseph can take care of the defense (something KK has always been awful at). His "air-raid offense", until I'm proven wrong, is over-hyped and non-revolutionary. Air Raids have already had some success in the NFL... partially. No NFL playbook can be or will be 100% air raid for a myriad of reasons.

----------------------------

In other news: I think John Schneider absolutely nailed this draft. I project this to be the best draft we've had since 2012. We will ride this draft for the next several years, which came at a perfect time considering we won't have much money to burn because of our QB contract.

Our defense will get worse (unavoidable without Frank Clark) but not that much worse because of our additions, and our offense and special teams will take big steps forward.

Well arizona picked 3 wide outs and a tight end so their hope shows no bounds. ;)

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they nailed it with all 4 of those picks.

You're still putting a rookie quarterback behind a horrible offensive line.

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong. :p

Top Bottom