Potential bug on resource value?

Scanderbek

Chieftain
I was playing a deity game on Pangea, and Brazil accepted this strange offer (I was playing as England and he initially sent me a trade deal, which I modified) :

He accepted to trade all his gold (262) and 17 gold per turn (all that he makes) for one of my two marble. I have no idea why he made such a deal, it seems like a bug ; he was in a war, but he seemed to be winning it, or at least he was in a stalemate, and his capital was populous (10 pop turn 67), but not his other cities...

That's strange. It seems like in a case where AI has more than one of any luxury resource, they should not accept a deal for a luxury resource for anything but one of their extra luxury resources (plus some small pot sweetener, depending on the relationship and need).

Since the second cotton gives him no extra benefit, and your extra marble gives you no extra benefit, the baseline deal for this should have been one extra marble for one extra cotton, yet he was willing to trade all of his gold for 1 marble. Even if he had a large amenities deficit, that price seems way too high.

What else is there for evidence?
a number of bad trades, AI buying resources they already have, selling cities for artifacts, agreeing to joint wars on friends, etc. (broken as in imbalanced)

a number of bad trades, AI buying resources they already have, selling cities for artifacts, agreeing to joint wars on friends, etc. (broken as in imbalanced)

Find that weird, I managed to get an early game Relic from an AI in exchange for my second copy of a lux, and I think the deal was still perceived as favorable to him.

One of the many reasons I don't mess too much with the trade at this stage of the game except to try and get 1 for 1 deals or to get what the AI would offer for my luxuries and nothing more. I feel like when you fish and try and tweak the deal to get the exact value he's could offer, you often break stuff.

Top Bottom