Pounder's Resource File

Pounder, I have been using your resource pack in the Conquests version, and it works and looks great. So good that I figure I need to move it to my Play the World folder for general use. Is there any problems with this? I do not want to mess up the Test of Time resource pack, but that is in a separate folder. I am squeezing as much as I can into 32 strategic and luxury resources. I have discovered that it you set the resource to bonus or luxury when generating a map, and then switching it to Strategic, you can get more of the resource. That works nicely for Mammoth, needed to create Viking Berserks. A big meal of Mammoth is just what is needed to get a Berserk in the mood for going Berserk.

Pounder, I have been using your resource pack in the Conquests version, and it works and looks great. So good that I figure I need to move it to my Play the World folder for general use. Is there any problems with this? I do not want to mess up the Test of Time resource pack, but that is in a separate folder. I am squeezing as much as I can into 32 strategic and luxury resources. I have discovered that it you set the resource to bonus or luxury when generating a map, and then switching it to Strategic, you can get more of the resource. That works nicely for Mammoth, needed to create Viking Berserks. A big meal of Mammoth is just what is needed to get a Berserk in the mood for going Berserk.
I haven't used PTW for many years, I couldn't give a definite answer,

I know this is an old thread, but I was just wondering about resource shadows. The game has a pcx for this, but I don't see anyone posting resources accompanied by the shadows file... Should I maybe just ignore that there are no shadows for resources you add to the game?

I know this is an old thread, but I was just wondering about resource shadows. The game has a pcx for this, but I don't see anyone posting resources accompanied by the shadows file... Should I maybe just ignore that there are no shadows for resources you add to the game?

It's not a crucial file as far as I know. It's not required, and only adds a small detail.

It's not a crucial file as far as I know. It's not required, and only adds a small detail.
Yeah, I know.

As Nathiri said - not crucial. The palette can be very tricky & getting the shadow to line up just right can take way more time & energy than the benefit gained.
Oh, I see. Okay then.

Top Bottom