PowerBar Trainer Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be glad to help. But I'm not sure what that means 'memory dump to a text file'. I know very little about programming. I'll send you my email address in a few minutes.

Atleast the new powerbar does work with civ3 1.29, so I don't have to stop playing. But I look forward to be able to use the new features and civs of PTW.

Suggestions for powerbar's next version(ofcourse, I'd rather you work out the bugs from this version first):
-Have a button that will build railroads in one city at a time rather than the tribe's entire territory. Or just being able to upgrade one tile at a time would be nice.
-Also, maybe it's already on the new version, but it'd be nice to be able to just create a unit at will on any tile, similar to the civ2 cheat menu. Atleast I think I remember being able to do that in civ2.

thanks,
Ben E. Gas

I would be happy to help test whatever needs to be tested to fix the problem(multiplayer map detected, then shuts down), as I am experiencing this myself.

I downloaded the new PB and patched my game and I found a problem. It says multi-player detected shutting down the thing is I wasn't playing a multi-player match. I don't even know how to use multi-player I got the game just for the new civilizations. So can anyone give me a feedback on how to solve this problem.

Godzilla, JPL & all users experiencing 'Multiplayer Mode Detected' & shutdown bug during single play:

I have several volunteers assisting me in chasing down this problem. As soon as I can:

1) Get the debug program finished and sent to the volunteers
2) Get their memory dumps back
3) Determine the problem
4) Write a fix

then I'll release a new version... thanks for your patience!

:confused:

HI...

I've just tried to download the new PowerBar (love this utility) but the server is not responding. Does anyone have another download location they would like to share?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Carsten

Spiderzord,
First of all, thanks for a great trainer. I have used to version for Civ III GOTY and found everything worked perfectly. I have learned alot about that I previously never lasted long enough to find out.
Question: Will your PTW version work for Civ III as well or will I have to keep two versions on my desktop?

Very respectfully,

Jerry Sindle

Originally posted by Cowabunga
Spiderzord,
First of all, thanks for a great trainer. I have used to version for Civ III GOTY and found everything worked perfectly. I have learned alot about that I previously never lasted long enough to find out.
Question: Will your PTW version work for Civ III as well or will I have to keep two versions on my desktop?

Very respectfully,

Jerry Sindle

The version out now works with both civ3 and PTW.

GIDustin

Originally posted by Cowabunga
I have used to version for Civ III GOTY and found everything worked perfectly.

Wait a minute, they let you cheat in GOTY?

GIDustin

GIDustin,

GOTY = Game of the Year (edition of Civ III)

GOTM = Game of the Month

Thought the same thing you did when I first read it...

oh ok, I get it now ;)

GIDustin

great i will be awaiting this awesome update for the powerbar

"its the most advance in-depth and easy to use trainer out there" I have played many games and the PB is just a work of art :p

Just a thought for a future addition to the PB when the more important stuff is out of the way; an auto-pollution clearer. Once you get past a certain point, pollution runs rampant and I get tired of clearing it because I'm lazy. :)

never had a major problem with pollution myself. how did u get in to one? nuclear wars? coal plants?

This can't be happening... Can the powerbar help in this matter:

I made a scenario, with some custom unit stats (aircraft carrier improvements), and have played the game now for several hours/days, methodically building my empire... I finally achieve the goals to build this unit and find out I screwed up one of the many editable areas during unit creation... I now have an aircraft carrier that sails land squares, and will not enter the water. Surely there is a way to correct this, right? Don't tell me all this time and civ building is all for naught? So far it's been one of the best games of Civ I've played, so I don't want to drop it and start over. If powerbar can't help me, can someone please direct me to the link that can? If there is no link, how hard would it be to add function to do this?

J

Originally posted by jjkrogs
This can't be happening... Can the powerbar help in this matter:

I made a scenario, with some custom unit stats (aircraft carrier improvements), and have played the game now for several hours/days, methodically building my empire... I finally achieve the goals to build this unit and find out I screwed up one of the many editable areas during unit creation... I now have an aircraft carrier that sails land squares, and will not enter the water. Surely there is a way to correct this, right? Don't tell me all this time and civ building is all for naught? So far it's been one of the best games of Civ I've played, so I don't want to drop it and start over. If powerbar can't help me, can someone please direct me to the link that can? If there is no link, how hard would it be to add function to do this?

J

jjkrogs - I think I can get PowerBar to help. Somewhere in the units definition is the flag for movement restrictions. If I can find that memory offset, I'll be able to add a function that can overwrite the scenario definition in memory to allow your aircraft carriers to sail the ocean blue again.

Actually, PowerBar was written to help modders test for these kind of problems (and play balancing or just plain giving yourself an edge :D ). PowerBar can accelerate research in a game to one every turn - speeding through the tech tree and being able to test those units without spending the time to complete a game at normal speed. I'm still looking for a way to just toggle technologies known in memory as an even quicker method. (work in progress ;) )

I'll look into the issue and let you know if I can work something out.

My civ grows real fast due to the PB so I always end up with a square or two of pollution every turn after I reach the modern age. I avoid the factories and coal/ nuclear plants but I still end up with pollution. It's more of an annoyance than anything else but I prefer to focus on tactics than clearing the map.

Originally posted by Godzilla
never had a major problem with pollution myself. how did u get in to one? nuclear wars? coal plants?

Well, just like Walkingwarrant stated some time ago, I also still get a "runtime error 9, subscript out of range" message for Powerbar 3.2.1, and powerbar closes down. This is appearing on a previously loaded game, if that makes any difference. Is this supposed to happen?

Followup: No problems when starting or loading the game through PowerBar 3.2.1 I haven't had the chance to really go through an extended session but I did try it out a little and encountered no runtime errors. My wife played for a couple of hours and said it all worked fine. I noticed that the SU seemed a bit more reliable but I'll have to see for myself when I can. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom