PowerBar Trainer Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jjkrogs
Spider, I would really, sincerely appreciate it.

"Help me Spider-wan-kenobi, you're my only hope..."

Feel the force jjkrogs...

Version 3.2.3 includes the ability to alter the class (land, sea, air) of unit types globally.
1) open the info screen
2) select 'unit data' option (below unit info)
3) select your land bound carriers from list by clicking on it in the list of units
4) select sea option at bottom
5) press the 'Change selected units to class option' button

Carriers will now be able to sail the ocean blue.

PS Any land units changed (i.e. Modern Armor) to Air will have no mobility restrictions = hover tanks... ;)

PowerBar 3.2.3 beta

It still says mulitplayer mode detected and shuts down itself :(

Could it be? Is it possible? Has a miracle occured in software hacking?

Spider, if this works, I will owe you a virtual beer. I will not have a chance to test it out until this weekend, but will post immediately once I fix this most heinous aircraft carrier activity.

Even if it doesn't, I sincerely appreciate your effort.

I will let you know. Fingers crossed...

Well you have brought up a point the powerbar has GREATLY evolved since its first creation

Originally posted by Godzilla
It still says mulitplayer mode detected and shuts down itself :(

version 3.2.2 did not address the MP bug - I'm still tracking that one with the help of some users...:crazyeye:

I am not sure about the MP bug thing, but I can say that there might be people that actually want to use it in MP and will not stop bugging you until they do. I am not sure if this is the case, but it might be. Someone once asked me to fix something on my site where everytime they tried downloading a file, it said "Remote linking of files is forbidden". After weeks of trying to fix it, I just disabled that feature, and not to my surprise, the person bugging me was linking to my files off his site, which is supposed to bring up that error.

Just to clear things up, I dont mind ppl linking to my files, but they should ask first, and I can give them instructions to get around that error.

Anyway, if I did get that error, I would love to help debug it. It seems as if this MP bug is delaying any new features you might have had planned. . .

GIDustin

Yep, I'm getting the multiplayer warning, too. Then it shuts down. I'll check in later this weekend to see if you've found a fix.

People have been using PB to cheat in multi-player games for a while now so Spider needs to split his efforts between stopping this and still producing upgrades. My personal experience is that the current version detects MP and shuts down on a single player, single computer game. I would like a fix so I can upgrade to the newest patch of PTW and still use the PB to speed up and modify my personal games, not to use it to obtain a shallow victory against someone else. Spiders looking into the problem and hopefully he'll figure it out while still being able to keep PB from being used in MP games.

Originally posted by GIDustin
I am not sure about the MP bug thing, but I can say that there might be people that actually want to use it in MP and will not stop bugging you until they do. I am not sure if this is the case, but it might be. Someone once asked me to fix something on my site where everytime they tried downloading a file, it said "Remote linking of files is forbidden". After weeks of trying to fix it, I just disabled that feature, and not to my surprise, the person bugging me was linking to my files off his site, which is supposed to bring up that error.

Just to clear things up, I dont mind ppl linking to my files, but they should ask first, and I can give them instructions to get around that error.

Anyway, if I did get that error, I would love to help debug it. It seems as if this MP bug is delaying any new features you might have had planned. . .

GIDustin

Originally posted by jjkrogs
Yep, I'm getting the multiplayer warning, too. Then it shuts down. I'll check in later this weekend to see if you've found a fix.

Sorry jjkrogs - would you mind joing the debug team? The more memory dumps I can get access to with the problem, the better I can understand what's going on. If you don't mind, email me and I'll send you the directions. Thanks! :cry:

I was driving home from work when it came to me...

:splat:

Everyone experiencing the 'multiplayer mode detected' and powerbar shutting down - you are using a custom leadername correct?

PowerBar intercepts MP use by finding the MP username --- which is at the same memory location as (you guessed it) a custom leadername.

I tested this scenario and found I could duplicate the problem by being King SpiderZord (MP detected & shutdown).

The (hopefully) temporary fix is to do without a custom leader name - click in the box to customize you tribe and blank out the leadername - it will reset it to the normal standard name for that tribe. PowerBar should load normally.

Until I find another alternative, this is the working solution...:o

Let me know if that works for you. ;)

It Worked!! It worked everyone! You just have to play with the default leader name. Great work Spiderzord. I can now use PB & PTW.

thank you,
Ben E. Gas

p.s. now lets hope that whenever civ4 comes out they have bought the rights to spiderzords program,(makeing him rich ofcourse), and added it to the game.

well i was messing with the leader name before i played but in end i think i left it the way it was. I am using England. I will go test and see what happens. And I am not using it for multiplayer because I don't even know how to reconfigurate my firewall so i can do multiplayer :p

:crazyeye: Spidey,

I am using XP with Version 1.29f. i just downloaded the latest and greatest.

Unfortunately, it still crashes with the run time error 6 :cry: .

I play against the computer against all the random civs and when i get around 20 moves in, it just crashes when it needs to update for a new city. :rolleyes:

i use PB version 210 when i get far into a game so i can stay alive!!!

Whassup??

tried it several times today similar effects.

i will try again later but please let me know if their are any updates on how to prevent this

Disregard what i said previously it actually works. I didn't realize that I used United Kingdom instead of England, as a nation name.

For the mean time I willl play with traditional nation names but this means my saves won't comply with PB. Spiderzord please fix this problem.

Just an update with further info which may be helpful. As I said, I am running XP (does this pose any problems?)

I get the 'runtime error 6 overflow' message. No MP's. just little ole me!

if you need any further info, let me know.

I really enjoy the PB. just wish it was stable on my Toshiba laptop.

It works under custom scenarios flawlessly after trying wit custom civ name everything. :D

<<<It works under custom scenarios flawlessly after trying wit custom civ name everything. >>>

What does this mean exactly?

Originally posted by GIDustin

Run this:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/vb6.zip

That should fix your problem.

GIDustin

Sorry for the late reply... I was gone.

Anyway... Not sure if it works or not.... It just keeps loading and loading the file... Maybe the upload section is down right now... I'll try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom