Preview of xwing animation

Dark Sheer

Deity
Here is a preview of the xwing animation for the Starwar mod that is currently in the preparation phase.

The animation uses the graphic as posted by Scipio in the Starwar thread. This is only the SW attack animation and any feedback on this one is welcomed. :D

Attachments

• xwingattacka_sw.gif
    xwingattacka_sw.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 217
Really nice! You should try to make the lasers more realistic though. The look strange, not coming out of the cannons. Mostly on the front view, side view is almost perfect.

Originally posted by Plastic Bag
A question and a suggestion!

Question: Why does the X wing fly back like that?

Suggestion(s): How about 4 lasers?
The lasers should be more red.

Answer : The main reason I make it moving back and forward is so it can have more movement during the attack phase. And due to the limitation when creating an flc with fixed dimension, the only way to do this is to make it zooming out and then in again and at 2 direction. :p

As to the suggestion, I think its a long time since I watch a x-wing in action. Is the laser canon at the tip of the wing or fit under the cockpit? To use 4 laser instead of 1 is not a problem. And why I choose yellow instead of red is because I originally plan to use red as the Civ color in the flc so I can't use red anywhere else. :D

As to the suggestion, I think its a long time since I watch a x-wing in action. Is the laser canon at the tip of the wing or fit under the cockpit? To use 4 laser instead of 1 is not a problem. And why I choose yellow instead of red is because I originally plan to use red as the Civ color in the flc so I can't use red anywhere else.

The four lasers are on the tips of the wings, and yes, the lasers fired are always red.:)

Why not make the laser color the civ specific color and have the rebels color red and the imperials green?

Originally posted by Scipio Africanu
Why not make the laser color the civ specific color and have the rebels color red and the imperials green?

Hey! Thats a great idea! I always have this thought that both side uses the same color for laser and forgot that you can actually make them into Civ colors! That is what its going to be then! ;)

That would work for the rebels, but not the Imperials, there color is black :confused:

The Imperials don't use X-Wings anyway.:)

The only reason to make the lasers correspond with civ colors is if you're making a more generic unit that both sides would use. Since only the rebels (well, maybe others, but definitely not the Imperials) use X-Wings, it's OK to make the lasers a permanent red color. The same goes with Imperial units, where the lasers would be permanently green. Also, if the unit can be built by any other civs besides the Rebel Alliance or the Imperials, the lasers would be a totally different color, which, depending on the color, may not be very visible against all of the other colors in the game. For example, very dark-colored lasers would not look that great, especially if fired in a "space" type terrain setting, in which case you probably wouldn't even see them.:( That's why it's better, at least in this case, to make them a permanent color.

Heh heh, completely forgot about that. As for the light colors, anyone else find it funny that jedi use green sabers, while sith use red, but the rebels use red lasers and the imperials use green
lasers?

I believe I am a little slow in getting this one out. There has been a lot of travelling for me lately. :p

Here is the updated attack animation with 4 laser as compared to the original one. This time I change the gif to a dark background to see the effect of the laser. ;)

The attack animation has been completed and the rest should be pretty fast.

Attachments

• xwingattacka_ne.gif
    xwingattacka_ne.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 145
Ok, here is the preview of one of the run animation. Only thing left now is the death animation which should not take too long. ;)

Attachments

• xwingrun_sw.gif
    xwingrun_sw.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 116
Hey Dark Sheer, would you mind doing the Y Wing for me? It seems like your attack animation would be hard to replicate... So will you? I'll give you my default animation. If you don't want to, its ok, I just want a break from making units to actually play the game...

Originally posted by Plastic Bag
Hey Dark Sheer, would you mind doing the Y Wing for me? It seems like your attack animation would be hard to replicate... So will you? I'll give you my default animation. If you don't want to, its ok, I just want a break from making units to actually play the game...

Sure man. Since you help me to correct the background error for the corssbowman, I will do the Y-wing in return. ;)

Just attach your work-in-progress in this thread and I will continue from there. :cool:

Top Bottom