Problem: Mods stop working during lategame (worked before)

Tomice

Passionate Smart-Ass
Hi! I find it hard to describe the problem in a few words for the headline, let alone find something helpful through the search function.

I'm in a game right now where I successfully used mods during the early game, most notably a mod that changes jungles to have the yield and mechanics of forests. So they did work, I have a ton of lumbermills on jungle tiles.

But all of a sudden, in the industrial era, my workers refused to build further mills. That's when I realized the mods stopped working.

I already tried deleting the "MODS" folder, also deleting the cache and moduserdata. The mods reinstalled just fine, and I get a confirmation that they've been activated. But when I try to load my savegame, the game is "configuring files" a second time, and only 1 out of 7 mods shows up as active in the ingame mod list (main menu).

i checked my savegames and their "required mods" list. The most recent ones show only 1 required mod, while older ones show 4. All together, I started with 7 mods.

Any ideas?

In my experience, the most common cause of mods failing to load is trying to load a modded save from the Single Player option on the main menu. Are you going through the Mods menu when you try to load a modded save? If not, you get the behavior you describe. You must always click Mods on the main menu, verify that all 7 mods are enabled, and continue forward, through Single Player, to load your modded save.

That's not the issue, as 1out of 7 mod loads.

The problem is that the game once configures the files after going into the mod menu, and a second time when hitting "load game" (probably kicking most of the mods out).

Would I have problems if I made the mistake you described in an earlier session, without realizing, and then saving afterwards? Meaning that I maybe had one session (some time ago) where I forgot to load it from the mod menu?

You still should have autosaves from your first session. Fire up the game, go to Mods, verify the right mods are enabled, move forward in the menus, click on Single Player, then Load Game and find an appropriate autosave to load.

You may want to go into the folder via windows explorer and look at the dates of the files and manually copy the auto save from the single saved games and move it manually into the mod saves folder. You can even change the name so you can find it easier when you open the saved game in game. Would loading it up in single player saved games cause the same issue as not opening it up in the mod saves option?

Top Bottom