Problem with resulution and mod unloading

Narathas

Chieftain
I have 2 problems

1. I use the mod Caveman 2 cosmos, i am able to load it,and play with it.but when i quit the game and start it again,the mod has automaticly unloaded.

2. i got a problem with resulution. When i start the game(with the caveman 2 cosmos mod) the resulution is 1280 x 720. When i change it to my desktop resulution(1980x1080)
it goes blackscreen for a while. then the screen comes back in 1980x1080 for a sec or two(but i cant click on anything)then it black screens again and reverts back to 1280x 720, but it still stands that the resulution is 1980x1080. normaly i wouldnt give a . But the sides of the screen is halfway cut of. (for and example the "exit" command is cut in half)

Both of this problems have happened several times.

I run the game on a statinory aspire pc,with 2 gb ram,24 gb free on the disk where my system and the game runs on. my resulution is 1980x1080.
I have no lag problems or anything either. my pc uses windows xp

For the screen resolution thing, you have to go and edit the Civilization4.ini file in your Documents and Settings/My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword folder to have the resolution that you want. Also do any other edits, like turning on error logging and a few other things (like flying camera) and turn off the voice thing if your not using the ingame voice chat function.

Then, afterwards, you need to do the duel icon thingy (i'll have to dig up the link) for it to load everything correctly and from the icon and not from within the game. This way, as you get newer versions, you can still play older games and still be able to play the newer ones, too...

This link tells you how to manually set up the ini files and the shortcuts so that you don't lose your settings every time you play C2C and then go back to unmodded BtS.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11371474&postcount=4682

Once you get a game started, you might want to rename your C2C folder to include 22_1 (Caveman2Cosmos22_1). That way, when you get a newer version that you want to play in the older versions and don't want to mess up your ongoing game, then you just put that into a separate folder with the newer version number at the end. Then, you use the above instructions to make another shortcut to the new version and your good to go...

Top Bottom