Problems designing and loading a Mod

duBerry

Chieftain
Hi Civ Fans,

I was given Civ5 for Christmas and have just tried to design my first Mod. I wanted to start with something very simple (update the values of a resource) until I got confidence with using ModBuddy, but my attempts have been unsuccessful.

I attemted to update the yields for Whales, but when I run the scenario the map shows that the yields are still set at the default values.

Attached is a WORD document detailing the process I followed. Can someone please expain where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Attachments

• Problem with simple CIV5 Mod.doc
    136 KB · Views: 53
You may have more succes on the MOD subforum.

btw, welcome to civfanatics duBerry! :beer:

Thanks Shurdus
But how do I transfer the uploaded document to the MOD subforum. I tried reposting the document to the MOD forum and received a message saying the document had already been posted!

Have you added an Action to load the xml file at mod start-up?

In ModBuddy, with the mod open, in the Solution Explorer window right click the mod name and select Properties.

Click on the Actions tab
Click the Add button
Leave event as OnModActivated and Action as UpdateDatabse
Select you xml file in the File drop-down
Click OK

Rebuild your mod

HTH

W

Many thanks whoward69,

After following your guidance my first mod is now working correctly :) Now I know the basic process I will try and develop a more meaningful Mod.

Is there a reference where I can find all the names of the CIV5 game variables and their attributes :confused:

duBerry

Top Bottom