Problems when playing with "No Characters"

PawelS

Ancient Druid
I don't like the Crusader Kings style character micromanagement, so I'm playing with the "No Characters" option. There are some problems with it though:

1. The diplomacy is very lacking. When I'm at truce with another nation, it's OK: I can declare war or make peace. But when I'm at peace, I can't do anything to change that status. The AI somehow manages to make alliance or declare war, but these options are unavailable for the human player. Also when someone declares war on me, I can always make a truce immediately by paying some money for it.

2. The repeatable endgame techs are unavailable, because of the bonus courtiers they grant. When I removed the bonuses by modding, these techs appeared back in the tech tree. They are important because they give bonus VPs, so I think they should be available with No Characters.

If any of the game creators reads this, I think these issues should be addressed.

Last edited:
Thanks

I found that you could instantly pay gold for peace the same turn that the AI declared war on you. Very convenient for the no military one city challenge i was trying...

Top Bottom