1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with BERT with the IGE2 Mod

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Modding Discussion' started by CMC1, Jan 31, 2016.

1. CMC1

CMC1 Chieftain

Is it a problem with the MODS? I am using IGE 2 game editor with BERT.

I have Windows 10 and and my computer tower has adequate specs but at game turn 20 the game just hangs for the AI deciding other AI players' moves. I have started playing a non-modded game to see if it still happens - assuming the AI doesn't eliminate me before then!

I notice on some threads they do report the game hanging but I am nowhere near mid-game.

The old SMAC eventually came out with an integral game editor; couldn't they have thought of this with BERT. There is no option to use the old SMAC factions. This game really is half-finished. :( I am beginning to think that in the good old days games came out much more finished. (Granted that I can remember that when SMAC came out there were drivers problems.)

Live long and prosper.

2. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

SMAC was a much simpler game, comparisons along that line rarely work out.

Odds are the problem is likely the mod. Not the game.

3. Valessa

Valessa Communistress

Unlikely that it's caused by IGE, unless you've played around with the map and somehow caused the AI to bug out I don't see how it would effect AI-processing. Any scripts that have gone wild would just freeze the whole game instead.

4. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to General Modding Discussion

5. HandyVac

HandyVac Gentleman

The shire where the oxen cross the river. UK.
    I sometimes get a similar hang on turns when an AI makes planetfall (i.e. sometime within the first 20 turns with staggered starts).

I set the game to autosave every turn, and find that exiting then loading my latest autosave when the hang happens lets me continue with the game.