Problems with City Interface and Unit Controls

I've started this thread to respond to a request for assistance originally posted in the Bug Thread:

Recently re-downloaded the game, patched to the latest specification, but encountered several interface problems.

1) When I enter a city after the first time, I don't see any of the city interface (production buttons, etc.)
2) The unit controls are erratic, often not appearing.

Combined, these make it quite hard to play!

I tried a few differenent game types (different map types, difficulty levels, OCC on/off, different sides, to no avail.
I suspect that you may have installed an interface Mod that is interfering with FfH2. This could be because the Mod is not compatable with FfH2, or because the Mod was not installed correctly.

Other than FfH2, what other Mods do you have installed? If so, which ones? Interface Mods would be of particular interest, but please list non-interface Mods as well.

Do you experience these problems in BtS (missing city interface, unit controls irregular or missing)?

Turn on python error messages. (Go to the first post of the Bug Thread, find the section Reporting Issues, and follow the instructions in item #5.) Do you receive any error messages when loading the Mod, starting a game, or attempting to open the city screen? If so please post screenshots or transcribe the error text into a post.

Firstly, thankyou for your time.

I turned python error messages on and got the message attatched as soon as the game loaded, beyond which I could not proceed. I then turned the error messages off, re-started FfH, began a game, saved, turned python error messages back on, restarted & loaded the saved game, and was again immediately confronted with the same error message, which I couldn't click past.

I have a (slightly old) version of BUG installed, which I think was fine with preveous versions of FfH, but there do seem to be BUG folders in quite a lot of places, so I may have messed up installing it. Unless there's an easy fix you can suggest, I think I'll copy my saved games, uninstall both FfH and BtS and then re-install, taking care to keep BUG as a separate mod.

I don't know how to install BUG, or whether it works correctly with FfH2, so I can't advise you in that respect. Your plan to reinstall sounds like a good one, and should work; if BUG is kept separate then there should be no interference.

Top Bottom