• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Problems with mods

Btitty

Chieftain
I've been playing civ 5 on and off for a while now, started plain. added the dlc when i knew of their excistance :)
Now when i (re)started playing civ5 and finished one game with vanilla+dlc's. I already got bored of it, so i decided to get some mods (for the first time).
Here comes the trouble.. i went a bit crazy and installed almost all extra civs and wonders i found, also the historical religions and trade post upgrades. Activating all mods i downloaded, and started playing: no problem at start besides some foto's not loading.. after a while game crashes and Windows gives me: Civ5 doesn't react anymore... no explenation why.. so I started a new game with fewer mods but it keeps happening.. Now i'm left with only Belgian Civilization mod (+The ability: treaty of London doesn't work propor) and some extra wonders.. still crashes after a WHOLE while (turn 780 orso, i play marathon)..

Now my Question is: Is there a way to find out the reason of the crash..? and is there an easy, clear way to see if mods are compatible to eachother?

Also.. some of the crashes happen when i do some late game exploring, and it doesn't when i go tile by tile with my horsemen

Kinda sorted it out myself :)
Game doesn't crash any more, but there are some weird little things happening still.
1) Menu('s) act weird when i've replaces a piece of art/writing/music
2) just started a game with events and decisions and playing as Phoenecia, and i can
build cataphracs at gamestart and also i saw a barbarian camp with a cataphrac in it :S

Top Bottom