Production Bug on Mod

Hello All,

I am currently building my first mod. It has been a great learning experience. I've covered much ground, but I keep getting that old "can't choose production and therefore end my turn" bug. I cannot even try to open the purchase menu for my city, and when the game finishes loading and transitions from the dawn of man image to the game, my unique building disappears off my stats. So this obviously leads me to think there is something wonky with my Buildings.xml file. I'm at my wits end, I've gotten this error in multiple ways so a solution would be a godsend.

I've attached the xml files of the civ and the buildings to be looked at for anyone who thinks they can help.

Attachments

• Buildings.xml
    9.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Civilization.xml
    17.9 KB · Views: 170
  1. It's better to just take the mod from the game's MODS folder, zip it, and attach the result directly to a post. It is far easier to look at your actual code and the actual structure of the mod as it is being seen by the game than any attempt to determine what you are doing wrong by analyzing descriptions of the problem, or out-of-context snippets of the code.
  2. Very often what a new modder thinks the problem is and what the problem actually is are two different things. Having the actual mod as you are currently trying to use it allows us to look for the actual problem, and if all else fails to simply drop the mis-behaving mod into our MODS folder and run the mod to see what the game tells us.
  3. Zip the version of the mod the game is actually trying to use, which will be found as a sub-folder in ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS. Zip the whole sub-folder for your mod.
  4. See: whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial Just bear in mind that the process for actually adding the zip to a forum post is now different since the CFC website software was updated a few months ago. To attach the zip to a forum post, look for a button called Upload A File when composing your thread reply: this button opens a browse menu where you can select the zipped folder to attach directly to a forum post.
  5. If the zipped folder is too large for the forum to accept then upload the zipped mod to a file-sharing site such as dropbox and provide a link where the mod can be downloaded.
    • Mediafire is not really a very good choice any more because they have become rife with spam and malware, as well as attempts to get you to download unwanted and uneeded kludge by confusing the layout of the download pages. You'll note for example that Mediafire links are no longer allowed on Steam, whereas CFC (this site) and dropbox links are still allowed.
Also this: whoward69's enable error logging tutorial The tutorial shows you how to enable error logging so you can use the game itself to lead you to where your error is. You want to look 1st in error logging file Database.log before looking in any of the other error logging files.

Also, you are attempting to add a great work slot to a class of building the game does not expect to have a great work type. The UI file controlling the display and usage of buildings with great work slots is hard-coded and will malfunction if you are not using KyteM's Dynamic Culture Overview mod's replacement files for the culture overview display.

And this adds 2 gold to the empire when the building is completed in a city, and has no other effect at any other time:
Code:
<Gold>2</Gold>

Top Bottom