[Project Civ. 1] translation to Spanish

alt+H (by default: "general princilpes" help messages on chieftain difficulty)
And what does this do exactly, since that help automatically already exists, does it deactivate it?

H for "help", it just shows two "general principles" messages one after another (only if "instant advice" is enabled), *HELP1 and *HELP2 from HELP.TXT. I was wrong: it works on any difficulty, but only on chieftain "instant advice" is turned on by default. You also get these messages on 20 and 60 game turn ("general principles" #1) and on 40 and 80 game turn ("general principles" #2) if "instant advice" is turned on.

alt+Q (by default: quit the game dialog)
Dialog refers to the conversations with the leaders or the intro?

Just same as ESC, "Are you sure you want to quit?" dialog window. Very wide-used hotkey, at least in DOS days. You know, you can check it yourself instead of asking.

I was precisely asking why I was testing both the intro of the game and in the conversations of the leaders and it didn't work, but of course, it was simply going out to two, as was done in the past with that operating system.

Do you think that if I exchanged the letters of rapid access of the mouse (P) and the "W" of the Game (menu) it would work and not lose that function of the mouse?

Do you think that if I exchanged the letters of rapid access of the mouse (P) and the "W" of the Game (menu) it would work and not lose that function of the mouse?
I'm sorry but I don't fully understand you. alt+W was used for "World" menu, not for "Game" menu. We changed it so now "Game" menu is called by alt+M. With "rapid access of the mouse" you mean default alt+M game reaction? I don't undestand what it does exactly (set mouse driver state to default?), but I think it's useless so no big deal we lost it. But you want to save it too, so "show World menu" routine will run mouse driver code instead? Can do.

but I think it's useless so no big deal we lost it. But you want to save it too, so "show World menu" routine will run mouse driver code instead? Can do.

Yes, it's probably useless, but just in case it wasn't, I was asking if there was any way to not lose that function, that's why I was asking if you could change the quick access letter of the mouse function for another letter to activate it (I said the W as an example).

The same in the future we found that the mouse function was useful.

I checked it and I cannot restore it. You see, original Alt+M uses e9 (jump) command with 50 fb (i.e. -4B0) parameter, 3 bytes total, so it jumps 4B0 bytes back. It's easy to change to where it would jump, so I changed it and now it jumps to "show World menu" part (58 ff, i.e. A8 bytes back).
But original Alt+W uses "jump, if zero" command: 74 where paramer is only 1 byte: a1 (i.e. -5F). But distance between this place and "call mouse driver" function is more than 128 (signed byte) (and honestly, even more than 255) so I cannot simply change parameter here.
Code:
                             LAB_MAI_alt_W_alt_R
       1403:3403 3d  00  11       CMP        AX ,0x1100
       1403:3406 74  a1           JZ         LAB_MAI_set_top_menu_to_World
       1403:3408 3d  00  13       CMP        AX ,0x1300
       1403:340b 75  03           JNZ        LAB_MAI_alt_O_or_alt_A_press
       1403:340d e9  99  fd       JMP        LAB_1403_31a9
If we want to jump to "call mouse driver function" part, then there will be at least 2 places in this chunk where we should use jump with 2 byte-parameter, so it should be 1-byte longer anyway. I have no idea what to do, at least I do not see easy ways. And I'm tired of this for today, too.

Last edited:
If you want you can try it tomorrow, and if you can't, nothing happens either. I imagine that if we use other letters we would have the same problem.

@tupi
@darkpanda

When you make an order to a unit, it shows in the mosaic the letter that is used as a hotkey, for example, if we fortify a unit, the "F" appears.
Can these letters be changed for others?

My idea is to try with the "r" of Road and change to "c" of "Caminos" but I will surely do others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom