Chieftain
Hi all.

I see that Sureshot add Religion promotion and it's a very good idea.:goodjob:

So I try to add them in my mod but in a different way:

I add this in the CvEventManager:

def onUnitBuilt part

Spoiler :
if unit.getReligion() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('RELIGION_THE_ASHEN_VEIL'):
unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_VEIL'), True)

So now, every unit built which have a religion define in the unitinfo.xlm (Priest, Severous etc...), get the promotion.

BUT, what I want is when a unit is built and gain a religion, a warrior for exemple. The unit get the promotion too. And now it doesn't work.

Can you help me for implemented this?

It will be a very good improvement in a next release, because it will add a better "visual effect". The bonus can be weak (ex: +5% jungle def for octopus).

But it will help to see which unit have a specific religion thanks to the promotion icon. In a ennemy stack, you could'nt know which unit is veil or whatever.

Hyborem can be very happy if he can attack a pack and know that there is a lot of Order religion unit (or not ^^).

PS: You make a very good work here ^^.

Units used promotions for religions in previous versions (the promotions had no real effect). Kael decided that the current way was better for some reason, probably just to reduce clutter.

If they were added back, I think they should actually do something significant. Perhaps they could change the graphics of some units, and allow for more spells (an AV mage might have more death and entropy spells available to him, for example), and/or be prerequisites (possibly or prerequisites) to more powerful new promotions (or alternate prereqs to existing ones).

Could be pretty cool to have them be a Pre-Req, or at least an alternative Pre-Req, for some religious appropriate promotions. Like letting a FoL religion unit get Subdue Animals without needing Combat 1 (or even without being a Recon unit would be neat).

Now that Esus grants such amazing abilities to those with the religion, maybe the trend will form and we can get abilities for all the others (like Empyrean religion granting See Invisible, RoK religion removing Unit Upkeep costs....)

Yeah good idea, you can also use the guild to add some new features.

For exemple I use the Ratcatcher guild promo to create rogue like, -10 city def, +25% pillage. No good to rise an army when there is a lot of thief in your city :p

Btw, usind the religion promo could be use to have religion spell or religion special abilities.

---
But what I want to know is, where are the files who give the religion attribu to units?

Top Bottom