Proposal - The Alliance of United Central Nations

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Discussion from the previous thread involving our contact with CDG suggested that their position might make them useful allies in a war against GC.
The initial members would be ourselves and CDG.

Therefore, I propose the following, a pact to which we could add other nations as we see fit.

--------------------------------------
The Charter of the Alliance of United Central Nations

The nations of Elucidia and Fanatikou hereby agree to this Alliance of Central Nations, one what will be defined as a mutual protection pact.

Article 1. In the event a member nation is attacked by a foreign power, the other nations shall be required to declare a state of war upon the agressor nation, and to make an honest effort to carry out an offensive against the offending nation.

Article 2. If any member nation decides to attack a foreign power, that nation must alert others in the alliance, and, in doing so, forfeits it's protection as stated in Article 1. The other member nations may decide to join in the effort as they see fit, similarly forfeiting their protections in the effort.

Article 3. Member nations may not interfere with the troop movements of other member nations.

Article 4. Member nations must not initiate a state of war against other member nations. Troops of member nations may not pillage the improvements built by other members outside cultural borders.

Article 5. Member nations may vote on actions for the alliance to take as a whole, such as embargoes, states of war, states of peace, etc. with or against foreign powers or other alliances.

Article 6. Prospective members of the Alliance of United Nations must be approved by all current member nations. The articles of this charter may be amended by a majority vote of member nations.

Article 7. All Member nations may have the option to honorably leave the alliance every twenty turns, counted from the year 2230 B.C. (turn 38 of the ISDG). If a nation decides to leave the alliance, it must notify the alliance of it's intention by turn fifteen of the twenty turn cycle. On turn twenty, that nation will be released from the terms of the alliance.
--------------------------------------

Sounds good.

But I hope we will suggest this alliance to CDG in a way that it will seem like a suggestion, and not a cry for help. If they feel we want this alliance because we are afraid of GC, they might not be interested in an alliance with us.

Sounds good to me, and I agree with you Cheetah, we should keep the fact that this alliance is partly to help us against GC to ourselves.

I understood that Octavian. But if we do not word our proposal right, they might see it as our cry for help. And that would not help us.

Looks good to me. We should not aproach CDG in a desperate manner since It would turn them off. We should approach CDG and say that the Alliance would benifit our two nations.

Perhaps my intent is still a bit hidden - this is fashioned as a more permanent alliance. When we meet 'poly, Firaxis, GWT, etc.., we would propose this alliance to them.

This is not good! Not good at all! We DO not want an MPP. We want Elucidia to help us with GC and thats it. We want the war to start when we want, not when Elucidia goes to war. We dont want a war with Poly or GC when we are not ready! An alliance is good, but this MPP is very bad. Please dont present this to them.

Goonie, we are playing aganist other humans, not the AI. We have to make some sort of permanent ally if we wish to sucede at all. If we go back on our word, even once, the other teams will know, and look down on us. Just go back on our word once, and we'll never get another ally again.

It's all or nothing, straightforward.

I agree that they will look down on us, and that is why I do not want to sign this rubbish. Do you really want a war with the Gamecather Alliance when we are not ready? What if Poly declares war on Elucidia? We are stuck in a war we wont want to be in! Let us sign a type of alliance yes, but not this. I will have my proposal for tommorow.

Remember, this is not a MPP as the game puts it. It is a custom designed agreement. I think we should sign it, and then discuss sensitive information, e.g. when we will be ready to attack BoP. DO NOT AT ANY POINT DISCUSS ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION WITHOUT AN ALLIANCE.

We could use this agreement to surround BoP, with us on the west side, and CDG on the east side. we would just have to decide who takes the city.

And my final point, has it struck anyone that GC may also have alliances? Apolyton may sign an agreement with them if war breaks out.

No, we should have a poll with both Proposals on the table. Mine needs a bit more time.

Top Bottom