Provinces - Final decision for provincial borders.

Which Provincial Border proposal do you prefer?

• Proposal 1, by Cyc

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Proposal 2, By GreyFox

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Shaitan

der Besucher
This is the big moment, people. We will decide the base layout of our provinces. Two proposals from the last poll have made it to this final poll.

Proposal 1, by Cyc:
(Note that the second orange line in the southeast was an editing anomaly and should be ignored. Cyc's proposal also includes future provinces.)

Proposal 2, by GreyFox:

I strongly object to this poll. It is only prolonging the long overdue establishment of provinces and delaying the election of governors.

The constitution states that provincial borders "will be approved by a council vote". Since there has already been an opinion poll on this subject the top choice in that poll should be put to a council vote immediately. If adopted we should proceed to elect our new governors post haste. If the top option is rejected by the council then put the second option up for a council vote, etc., etc., etc.

This issue should have been decided in term one and should not be dragged out any longer!

There is a problem w/ proposal 2- where are our newly gained Egyptian lands?

Originally posted by donsig
I strongly object to this poll. It is only prolonging the long overdue establishment of provinces and delaying the election of governors.

The constitution states that provincial borders "will be approved by a council vote". Since there has already been an opinion poll on this subject the top choice in that poll should be put to a council vote immediately. If adopted we should proceed to elect our new governors post haste. If the top option is rejected by the council then put the second option up for a council vote, etc., etc., etc.

This issue should have been decided in term one and should not be dragged out any longer!
I see your point donsig but I disagree. The last poll had low turnout and many choices. That creates a plurality that is almost guaranteed not to be a majority favorite (as we can see from this poll). With something as critical as our permanent provincial borders at stake it is vital to have the citizen's opinions validly represented.

With that said, I agree it's time to put the issue to bed. As there is overwhelming support for Cyc's proposal I will begin a Council Vote later this morning.

Top Bottom