Provinces ?

TheViking

The world is not enough
It's starting to get confusing to refer to our cities by descriptions like "NN on the continent west of our main continent" or "NN on the Zulu/Aztec continent" so it seems establishing provincial borders and province names would make sense.

If we can get governors too that would be great but I doubt this will happen - the level of participation is already low, perhaps dangerously so.

I agree, we should probably name the islands we refer to with appropriate names to make it easier, but I doubt governors.

Some propositions:
Core / The core - western main continent

Each civs main area the name of the civs country. China, India, Greece and France. Zulus and Aztecs are hard to do this with. Maybe Africa and America?

Western Island and eastern main continent probably should have made up names.

The MoDA refuses to approve province names like "Core" or "The Core" unless the word "sucks" appears somewhere because otherwise this reminds one of the infamous Core ad :D and could look as if we are honoring it. Also we should not name continents that rightfully belong to us China, India etc. I suggest that at the moment we only name provinces where we have established a presence:

Coresux Province: Our entire main continent
Blenheim Province: The Aztec land, including what's currently occupied by the Aztecs but that rightfully belongs to us :satan:.
Jayne province: The island/continent west of Coresux
Barbarian Province: Our barb farm.

I suggest these provincial borders where an entire continent/island is not one province:

According to the constitution provincial borders must be approved by a council vote.

"Jayneland" has more of a ring to it than just Jayne province

Will we be renaming RF to "Electrical" and LP to "Superstorms"? :lol:

Originally posted by TimTheEnchanter
Will we be renaming RF to "Electrical" and LP to "Superstorms"? :lol:
No, but these are great names that we should use for two of the cities we are about to found (seriously !).

I agree that Jayneland is a better name than Jayne Province and maybe we should use "Blenheim" instead of "Blenheim Province".

I like Jayneland :)

Perhaps for "Blenheim" you could use "Woodstock" which is the Oxfordshire village that Blenheim Palace was built in.

Originally posted by Jayne
Perhaps for "Blenheim" you could use "Woodstock" which is the Oxfordshire village that Blenheim Palace was built in.
That area is kind of hilly...we could just call it "The Cotswolds"

I like Woodstock, it's a well known name. Now we have managed to shorten the names by getting rid of "Province" from the names. The exception is "Barbarian Province" - maybe we could call it "Barbaria" ?!

In that case the names would be:

Coresux
Jayneland
Woodstock
Barbaria

Yes, I now like all of the names and have already started using them. However, they are not official because according to the constitution they must be decided/approved by a council vote (and since this is my first democracy game I don't know much about that kind of stuff).

Top Bottom