• No, stick with 1 governor at the start

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

disorganizer

Deity
this is an informational poll, maybe it will be used as guideline for the new executive in our next game...

I would like to info-poll the following idea of a kind of "growth formula" for the new game.

Situation now:
We will start with one city. This would mean only 1 province and only 1 governor will be able to be at the game. We will propably not have more than 2-3 provinces until term 3.

The following proposal will be eligable as a policy for the executive without having to change any of our rules:

We could start of with 1-city provinces and have a ongoing provincial reorganization discussion thoughout the game. at every end of a term, we will poll on a reorganization of the provinces (joining cities together to bigger provinces).

The advantage of this proposal would be to have more governors directly from the start, but not have too many at the end of the game.

Example:
we start with 1 city, so the governor will be for this city. As soon as we capture another city, we will have a second governor and so on.
If we have too much cities we could reorganize the provinces, so that maybe 2-3 cities form a province. We should look that we always have 5-10 governors=provinces.
In the end of the game, we will propably end with provinces as big and nice as we have them now, if not even bigger.

The poll will be
Yes, use the "growth formula".
No, stick with 1 governor at the start
Abstain

And will be up for 3 days (as all my polls).

related poll discussion:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29711

this discussion lead to this poll. note that a "5 city plan" is also laid out, which was posted after the poll was generated. also note that this poll is informational.

Except I think 'every term' is not often enough. That would mean probably only 3 border changes, which is very few in which to go from single city states to large provinces!! I would also say that it makes it VERY difficult to build up a sence of provincial identity. How can you if next week your province will no longer exist, or be moved to the outskirts of the empire? Why bother. One of the best things about this demogame for me was the identity and community forged in Asphinxia, that would be impossible under the 'growth system'.

I voted ABSTAIN. You gave us the options of voting for your glorious proposal or voting for your glorious proposal. ##@@!!!**&$$#@BAD WORD##@@!!!!

no.
the 1 governor at the start is exactly what the rules say cyc.
we will only have 1 governor. thats it. only 1 city=1 governor. up to maybe 5-6 cities=1 governor. so where is your point?
as stated earlier this game, you should read more carefull.
the 2nd option is maintaning the rules as we have them now. the only proposal in here which is new is point 1.

@cyc: you post is clearly insulting on me and maybe you should really start reading the threads more carefully, as the proposal you talk about was brought up after 24h of non-discussion in the related forum, and AFTER this poll was setup to find out citizen moods on this matter.

(insulting sidenote from me: *deleted*)

I have stated my case and do not not wish to argue any more. I move we just re-name this to "The Dis and Shaitan Show" and be done with it. We will let you two make up the rules and post polls that are buried for days (I check the polls frequently and never saw this one). We will do want YOU want for the next 5 months. OK? You win.

I actually see this poll as useful in one way. It avoids people spending a great deal of time clarifying some change if most citizens do not support the idea in general. If the majority votes FOR this, then further discussion of how to implement will need to be opened, followed by an official, binding poll.

that was exactly what was intended, eyrei. i dont understand the fuzz at all.

@cyc: how can i bury a poll on purpose? this poll was normally posted and even registered in the registry immediately. what more can i do?!?
write you a pm on every poll i post?

i even extended the polling time from my normal 48 hours to 3 days...

Top Bottom