Public Beta: X-COM Invasion scenario

more...
- coal appears with Alien Avionics... (obviously a steam power leftover)
- the more i play, i get the impression that aliens are damn weak. they stand no chance against me or usa. it seems their units are always inferior when compared to xcom ie. 8-8 snake blaster vs. 10-10 plasma trooper. add missile launchers and xcom is unbeatable. 3 pts of lethal bombardment is too much i think.
- shouldn't the sniper become obsolete at some point? (upgrading to plasma or laser trooper). same for the skyranger. maybe it shouldn't be upgradable, but just made obsolete with avenger? would clean the queue a bit.

Sir i was playing your mod and it was going great when all of sudden it crashed to the desktop when i entered the second tech era. Can anybody give me any possible reasons? It was very good up till then and i am looking forward to finishing the game. Thanks

Hm, as said, some testers (not all) had crashs back to windows, but since they appear rather randomly it is hard to do something from the modder´s side.

I have still such crashes sometimes when I play a normal civ game, so as long there´s no clear error message relating to the mod itself I can´t do much.

All I can recommend is using autosave - I never had a crash that occured exactly at the same point over and over, so after reloading it should work.

It appears i can't download the bix files, any ideas?

Just tried it, worked perfectly. Maybe there was a problem on the CDG earlier, don´t know. But should be ok now :)

Downloaded in 5 minutes. :). It's a great thing I have computer acess at school otherwise it would have taken me 4 hours at home. Now just gotta get it home, stupid computer I'm on doesn't have a zip drive.

It appears i can't download the bix files, any ideas?

Well, I found out the problem. Use internet explorer instead of Opera to download them.

:eek:

Sweet Jesus!

This mod is so awesome, just unbelievable. I have followed the proces for a long time now so I already saw a lot of the artwork, but seeing al of it together is something else entirely. I even have a hard time believing the guys from conquest will be able to top it with their own scenarios. Once the fine tuning is over that is.

I myself did not run into anything new btw. Only some of what embryodead already mentioned.

And to think it will be better when the alliances can be set...

Oh just the smallest of things:
When I walked into a crashsite, I was told that 'the artefact we found here made it possible to resarch something'

Now I'm not a great speller myself but you might want to change resarch to research :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I still intend to improve the mod, correcting errors etc., I´m just busy with real life stuff these days. So don´t worry if I currently don´t reply that often, I´m working on it, but it will take a while.

:)

Is there any update on this, can't wait for the mars version.:)

Wow... downloading right now (50%)... really, from the screens it looks like an excellent mod.
I'm not sure how conversions are made between PTW and C3C but I can try to convert this one to make locked alliances between XCOM races and aliens with your permission.
Again, very nice looking mod :goodjob:

It isn't working! Why? It starts up, but I can't build cities, the text in everything is screwed up, the command buttons show up wired, and incorrectly (ex. and bomber has the build colony to command. This greatly diminishes gameplay, and if this could be resolved, that'd be cool. I have [C3C] by the way. I have the 1.20 patch, and I downloaded all the neccessary and even the extras files.

To play this scenario, you need the US or the UK Version of PTW, and the latest Patch for PTW

I think thats the problem, I could be mistaken though.

Sorry for not replying earlier, but I was a while away from the modding business.

Those who have trouble running the scenario under C3C could try to remove the file "labels.txt" from the mod's "XCOM" folder. Since Firaxis changed this file from vanilla Civ to PTW and again to C3C it may the root of the problem, because the released mod file was for PTW.

I still hope to get out a major update of this scenario under C3C, but this may need a while.

Just to add to everyone elses comments, this Mod is absolutely awesome. I'm playing it on C3C, and, as you suspected, the Labels.txt files needs to be removed or it screws up a lot of the interface. I can't quite believe how professionally you guys have managed to do this, its easily as well made as the Conquests included in C3C, and frankly more enjoyable.

So congrats. I've picked up some very minor bug issues so far, which don't spoil the game at all, but I assume you'll eventually want to iron them out. In C3C at least, looking up terrain information by right clicking on any square doesn't work, the info box is simply black. And there are various Civilopedia issues like the background for Techs and resources and stuff, but so far everything else for me seems to be working fine.

Thanks again.

Thx for the comments. I was still busy during the last weeks, but I will have lots of free time when the semester on the uni ends in late July, then I plan to make a real update, which makes use of C3C's advanced features. If you have suggestions I would like to hear them....;)

Just some info: I hope to release a reworked version adapted for C3C in late august or early september. Unfortunately this means that....

a) There will be no support for PTW anymore, and the PTW files will not be available anymore. So if someone still has PTW he can currently still dl that mod, but once I release the C3C version the stuff for PTW will be removed

b) I canceled the Mars version. I think my experiences with this mod will rather go into a completely new mod (something different, probably historical), not just a modification of the main X-COM mod.

The C3C version will make use of most of the advanced features of Conquests. I plan to have several biq files, for example with alliances, and without. I'm working to make also a (changed) space race possible.

Top Bottom