Public Relations Office of Fanatika

Bill_in_PDX

Grumpy Submariner
The Office of Public Relations

Primary goal of the Office:
To keep the opinion of the People of Fanatika in the limelight. In doing so, we hope to create a more coheasive relationship between the Government and the citizens of Fanatika. To bring this about the OPR would monitor, analyze, and report on the various polls and elections of the Demogame II Forums.

Establishment of the Office

The concept for establishment of this office was approved by a quorum of the citizenry in this poll: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32286

The initial appointees to be officials within the Office were approved by a quorum of the citizenry in this poll: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33196

The initial appointees are:

Director: Bill_in_PDX
Assistant Director: Vacant
Statistician/Analyst: Vacant

Functions

The OPR is an Office of the Judicial Branch.

Primary Functions:

1. Work independently to identify invalid or inappropriate polls in a timely manner (in accordance with established law and precedent) and report such polls to the Judiciary Branch for further action.

2. Summarize all poll results (after the completion of the duration period) in the poll index and registry.

3. Notify Mods of expired polls so that they may be closed.

4. Initiate and organize discussion of poll rules and the standards.

5. Help citizens setup polls when help is requested.

6. Open an office thread in the appropriate subforum for discussions concerning the office work and enter this office thread into the office index.

Responsibilities of Personnel:

1. Director of Public Relations - Would oversee all OPR operations and give final input on all poll operations.

2. Assistant Director - Assists the Director in all duties.

3. Poll Statistician/Analyst - Finalizes reports and summaries of reports including public opinion in replies to polls.

These three positions will be filled by citizens that do not currently hold any Government Office, and without any political ties that would bias their analyzing ability.

This Thread

Should be used for notes and questions pertaining to this department.

Bill
Chief Justice of Fanatika
Director of Public Relations

Current and finalized polls will appear in this post. At this time, there will be 3 catagories for polls to be listed in:

1. Pending - Poll is valid, within limits, and is awaiting its final outcome (results).

2. Finalized - Poll has reached it's completion date or quorum. Results will be listed and a brief analysis posted.

3. Invalid - Poll is misleading, very poorly worded, or fails to comply with other standards on polling, making the poll invalid. A reason will be posted.

Each poll listed will be in a specific format to make reading this post a little easier. This format will be:
Name of Poll, End Date/Quorum, Author, Type

Name of Poll - will usually be shortened, but will identify the poll.

End Date/Quorum - The completion date of the poll unless there is none, becuase a quorum will suffice, such as an approval poll.

Author - The writer of the poll.

Type - What type of poll it is - Binding, Informational, Approval, Election, etc...

It may be that new listings of polls will appear at the end of this thread. If so, The name of the poll will be listed in the appropriate category and a link to the listing at the end of the thread will follow. Normally, the name of the poll will be a link to take you directly to the poll.

Pending -

Demogame RPG , N/A, Strider, Informational

War with Aztecs , 48 hours or quorum, Eklektikos, Binding.

5 most important techs , 10/14, Donsig, Informational

Chieftess - Chat Rep , N/A (quorum), Zarn, Approval.

NL - Ambassador Demo , N/A (quorum), Ehecatl Atzin, Approval.

Finalized

OPR Approval, N/A (quorum), Octavian X, Approval.
Poll had slow response as it took 7 days to make quorum. Poll passes, members are approved

Dis - UN Rep , N/A (quorum), Ehecatl Atzin, Approval.
Poll passed 23/3/0 making Dis the UN Rep.

Zarn - Ambassador Apoly, 10/8. Ehecatl Aztin, Approval.
Poll passed 19/1/1 making Zarn Ambassador.

Invalid

Border Proposal - , N/A, SAaM, Binding.
This poll was invalid the moment it was posted. 1. It was posted 12 hours too soon. 2. It had no End Date posted

Congrats for this much needed office.
Btw:
I would really like to see a statistics of valid/not reached qorum/invalidated polls.
Maybe also a "reached quorum"/"not reached quorum" stat.
Or even a "reached quorum after x days" stat!
These numbers would be valuable to fine tune our poll validation rules.

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
i would like to know on an rpg standard how much gpt is earned by each office holder here.

To be honest, I have no idea.

I found the rpg game to be nearly impossible to keep up with or understand. :crazyeye:

Hopefully someone else knows the answer.

The office head will receive 20g/tc. The others as helpers will receive 10g/tc. That is clearly defined in the rpg rules (office head, office deputy). Remember also you can only earn 1x the money in a class, so if you already have a 10g/tc job and are deputy here, you do not get additional 10g/tc.

I want 20g/tc. I'm doing a lot of work here. If it's not worth 20g/tc to you maybe I should resign from office. I see a lot of other people making more money than me, who I never see produce any work. So there it is, I've already registered this job as paying 20g/tc, if you're going to cut my pay in half, you can find someone else to do this.

Cyc

BTW, I like the new avatars...

Well, people, it's been a week with no response. I guess that means your standing firm with your pay cut. Please accept my resignation.

Cyc, I will allow you to have my gpt.

I need your help here, and your valuable insights. Please reconsider.

@Cyc:
the payment was clear from the beginning... it was stated in one of the first posts about this office. you should be head of the office if you want 20g/tc.
rules are also there for you, like for all people.
who earns more money for less work? the department leaders? so why dont you become one? the governors? why didnt you nominate yourself? the rpg managers? go forward and request a reelection and nominate yourself!
@bill:
you cant give him your pay, as the rpg-payment is definitely bound to the position. you could join the rpg of course and do a private payment to cyc, but that wont give people good feelings about it :)

I wish to ask the Office, is a poll still valid if it has been closed once, and subsequently reopened?

And is it valid if if, when it was closed, it hadn't reached quorum, but in the next term had a lower quorum level equal to it's current amount of votes?

This questions deal with the validity of disorganier's and CT's honors, respectively.

this is wrong octavian. the quorum for the polls is still the same.
the honours had a 19 quorum when they were first posted, the problem was only that they were posted for a fixed 3 days, which was a mistake of the honour manager.
and all honours EXCEPT ct's were reopened. you should read things more careful.
i understand you are disturbed because there now are 2 people in front of you in the naming-coc, but this is no reason to decline the will of citizenry.
and that will was VERY clearly shown in those polls.

Octavian,

I see no problem with reopening a poll on issues that are not game critical when they were inadvertantly set up wrong.

Given the lack of personnel willing to carry out the tasks of this office, I am closing the Public Relations group until such time new volunteers come forward to serve in the positions identified.

Bill
Chief Justice

Cyc deserves 20g for tracking the polls. Make this the "Poll tracking office" or something like that so Cyc is the head of it and give him his 20 pieces of silver! (er...gold ;) )

Sorry to intrude with RPG stuff here in the citizen's forum but this is important enough to breach protocol.

Bill has essentially offered private funding for Cyc's work here. I offer the same. I call on two more people to do likewise. You do not have to be an RPG player in order to do this.

I will set up automatic per chat transactions of 10g from each donor to Cyc as a bribe...er compensation...for returning to this extremely valuable (nay, critical!) service.

I would be happy to contribute, if that will entice Cyc back to this job.

Top Bottom