Question regarding trade caravans

Talin2009

King
Hello all.

I was wishing to have caravans/cog merchants etc. to have automated trade routes for last couple years i think, and even asked for this once or twice i think. Since it's really mind numbing to send your 15-30 caravans/cog merchants etc. over and over and over to same city every single turn, and sometimes even 2+ times per turn. And then press complete trade mission button for each unit separately, each turn.

I discovered an option Automate caravan options [x] Automate caravan in BUG options under Automations tab.
But selecting or deselecting it adds nothing to my trade units interface.

Can somebody please enlighten me what am i doing wrong, or maybe i should look for it somewhere else in options, or maybe this automation isnt in game yet?

You can set a rally point for units produced by a city by selecting the city bar and shift-right clicking on a tile- this will set all units produced by that city to go to a target location, at which point each turn you can ctrl-click on one of them in the target city to select all of them there, and use their ability, rather than completing trade mission for each unit separately.

Automate caravans should, I think, enable a button on the UI when selecting a caravan to automate it so that it goes to the nearest or best city to do a spread- not sure how smart it is, though. Might end up using itself to hurry the next caravan...

Don't think there's much in the way of custom logic for this automation; I'd recommend playing with limited national units on, and not using caravans too much as a crutch, but that's just a personal playstyle opinion mostly.

Thanks.
Yeah, i am aware of targeting units produced in city to somewhere. Selecting them is helpful for sending caravans of same type, but to complete mission i have to press button for each unit - it doesnt complete for stack (unlike build button).

I too, was hoping to see that button, but problem is i cant see it, so i was asking is it in game at all (button)?

I suppose if it doesn't work, it's either broken or not setup right somehow.

I do eventually plan to rework the functioning of these units somewhat significantly and how they behave and will include automation capabilities on them at that point. I'm not trying to get that done within the scope of my major unit review however. Probably soon after though.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that!

Top Bottom