questions for 241

AFAIK we cannot build nukes right now since no one has built Manhattan. I think Yilar was thinking we could build nukes in the future if we need to.

:agree: All according to plan so far.

I've started the required amount of shock and anger in the UN. :thumbsup:

FREE city is, in fact, empty.

SABER landed in force on SCI:

2 MA army, one filled with Elite*, one with vets, 4 SAM, 4 mechs, a ton of MA and the marine army.

There are still, potentially, 8 units on ships.

The southern stack moved further south.

No one landed on our main land.

We currently have 8 mechs that can defend and 2 mobile sams on SCI. We have one mech on a mountain south of their forces. It seemed like a good idea at the time - I don't know that it is now :(

We also have 6 fighters - 5 vets, 1 regular. Not sure what they can do, other than die.

A 4-MA army has an attack of 42 with military academy (24+24*3/4 = 42) = a mech on a hill with walls, fortified with radar tower has a defense of 45. I assume they will attack with the armies first - 24 on 45 is kind of suicide.

If each army attacks even once, they cannot take the island next turn, as MA can't get to BABEColonoy (2 moves to enter a hill, 1 to enter our land) - I'm not sure if they can get to The Tower or not.

The 16 MA might or might not be able to take our 8 mechs, with bombardment.

This may be a huge bluff on their part to dislodge our defense, but I think we should build a bunch of airstrips and move a stack of MA to SCI, along with another worker.

We also need to talk to FREE about providing us with rubber, or come up with an immediate plan to invade near Cattauragus to secure a rubber source.

Whomp also said we should feel free to capture his settler, which would give us a couple of slaves and another tile to use.

Attachments

• SCI 241.JPG
    SCI 241.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 141
  • south 241.JPG
    south 241.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 91
  • FREE city.JPG
    FREE city.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 110
I would say the island is lost, if we fly 20 armors up there, Saber will just leave again, and then we are stuck there...
Put all mechs in Oka
Put 1 Sam on the Radar tower
Fly 1 Sam and all our jets home
Sell all improvements, except harbor in Oka.
Disband The Tower and Babe Colony (within reach of transport marines).

Btw. I'm so glad we built those cruises, now we get to pay 16gpt for them...

We should not capture the babe settler. If Saber were to invade Gong-land, Babe would die!

Btw, AT why are you putting our jets in cities when we have airfields intended for these?
In case you missed it earlier, jets (actually all kinds of aircraft) can die to bombardment in cities, but not on airfields.

As for Cattauragus I would first scout for sentries. If there are none, send an empty transport out, so it can enter Cattauragus next turn. Then next turn we can load it with 4 marines, and 2 armors, using the other transport, as a ship chain.

Also don't forget to "load" the bombers onto the carrier while in port, so we don't have to use a turn to move those :)

I would leave Whomp's settler where it is for now. Other than that I'm not at all sure what we should do. I do think we should try to save SCI if we can - I just have no idea what our chances are of doing that. Likewise, I have no idea what the chances are for a successful attack on Cattaraugus are.

As for the cruise missiles, 16gpt is the least of our problems now.

I suggest we start some marines before we lose our rubber. If we think we can get rubber from FREE then it is time to seriously consider researching space flight now and starting a prebuild for Apollo so we can start the casing.

The cruise missiles are still useful if SABER lands and will help reduce the number of targets SABER can reach.

I do not know that we need to give up SCI - I'd certainly like to put a counterstrike force up there, in any case. If they do take over, they'll almost certainly have damaged units. Maybe they can get them all onto ships, maybe they can't. A set of MA on the island will allow us to, possibly, retake a city - at least, we'll be able to kill wounded MA and if we can kill a wounded army, that's just gravy.

I'm thinking 8 or so, with another worker (allow us to create another radar tower)

I'm thinking put all 8 mechs in Ohka - if they have more marines, they'll be able to take the other cities, of course, but any plan has risk now - and, of course, if they take another city, they'll overrun the radar tower :(

We could take the risk that the rest of their marines are in the southern force.

I'm all for setting up an invasion of Cattaurugas. I think our sweep a few turns ago had a couple of bombers and some mechs on that island. Assuming we can put a transport in a place where it can reach that island and not get seen (and I'm guessing that they aren't looking all that hard, but I don't know), we should be able to bomb and land marines and MA on that island.

I ran some tests and the results weren't so good. In one, the two armies took down the 8 mechs with no problems, losing about 1/2 their HP. In another, one of the armies was wiped out.

In trying the MA and not the armies, the MA were always able to take the city, though losing 2/3 - 3/4 of the MA and damaging the rest.

Some thoughts:

We know that when they sailed, they had 5 armies. We sank an MA army and a marine army and 2 MA armies are on SCI. I'd guess that they have a marine army on the southern group and no other army.

If we do dump a load of 15-20 MA on SCI (and we can use a bunch of regulars for that), then either we will have a huge battle on SCI, or SABER will pack up and move back to attack us. If they don't take SCI, then we keep rubber and can pick up 10-15 before they land.

These are just thoughts - I haven't really figured out how many we would need to repel attackers on our homeland.

They did not unload all the transports up north right?
I suspect they are keeping some mobile SAMs in there to avoid us bombing the stack.

That would mean that the northern stack of ships do not have proper air cover?
I doubt Chamnix would make such a mistake.

The northern stack of ships is still covered by the Carrier with its assortment of Fighters on superiority mission. The stack unloaded contains 39 units including the Army units, that leaves room for 9 units still loaded on the ships (8*6=48) - primarily marines would be my guess, as none are unloaded.

Well, they have a carrier loaded with jets. In fact, I'd assume that that carrier has 4 jets flying air cover and nothing else, since their bombardment is just ships.

The northern stack of ships is still covered by the Carrier with its assortment of Fighters on superiority mission. The stack unloaded contains 39 units including the Army units, that leaves room for 9 units still loaded on the ships (8*6=48) - primarily marines would be my guess, as none are unloaded.

so we could sacrifice some jets, probs need 6-8 to take out their jets, to get at the stack with bombers?
not sure that makes sense shieldwise. I am just thinking aloud here.
We don't have enough bombers to take it all out either I reckon.

does anyone know if a jet can fly more than 1 interception mission? We could try bombing with jets, then with bombers, to kill a bunch of ships - maybe we can get the carrier.

does anyone know if a jet can fly more than 1 interception mission? We could try bombing with jets, then with bombers, to kill a bunch of ships - maybe we can get the carrier.

I think they can do several missions but they take damage each time from the clash.

But is it worth it to get to the carrier?

no, probably not. It might be if they could only fly one, but if we have to kill all the jets to get at the carrier, it's not as worth it.

Hmm, so the big discussion we should be having right now is whether to reinforce SCI, or let it be taken, right? I've been a bit busy myself so I haven't had a chance to look into things, but surely someone would have thoughts on the matter? I'll see if I can come up with an opinion in a while...

But yes - asking for an extension would be recommended. :)

Top Bottom